33. Not My Boyfriend

[ 33 ]

It was another day of yeonjun laying on the couch in jungkook's living room. Everything felt so nice and soft and comfortable. He could stay here all day and do noth-

"What the fuck" yeonjun screamed when he felt something heavy but soft land on his face.

"get up your boyfriend's here" jungkook said while picking up the pillow yeonjun had thrown back.

I light shade of pink started spreading across yeonjun's face "he's not my boyfriend"

"well at least you know who I'm talking about" jungkook smirked as he made his way back towards the door, letting soobin inside.

Soobin settled down on the sofa with yeonjun who was still recovering from the embarrassment.

"shouldn't you be practicing" yeonjun asked soobin who stared at the TV in front of them with a blank look

"I think I'm gonna d-word very soon"

"us bro us"

"jun you're not supposed to say that"

"what else do you expect from someone who hasn't had a decent conversation with someone in over a decade"

Soobin sighed at that response "my mom kicked me out because apparently I needed to take a break from practice so not stress out too much but I think she wanted to say I was being to loud"

Yeonjun was about to reply when his phone started ringing, showing an unknown number. He frowned and hesitantly picked up.

"hi is this yeonjun?"

"umm... yeah. Who's this?"

"oh thank god, I'm jiung. Listen yeonjun if soobin is with you please keep him there for at least until dinner do not let him escape, he has been on that damn guitar since morning and I cannot deal with any more mental breakdowns"

Without giving him a chance to reply, jiung ended the call. Yet again, yeonjun frowned at his phone wondering what has soobin been upto.

He glanced at the boy seated to his left while trying to get rid of his worried expression. "soobin"

"hmm"

"you know you're gonna do really well right?"

Soobin sighed, he did not reply. Instead just closed his eyes and leaned back on the couch.

Yeonjun's worried expression came back. With the lack of interactions he has had with people, he has no idea how to comfort someone who is doubting himself or how to comfort someone in general.

"I can see your expression with my eyes closed" Though soobin was almost equally as bad as the latter, he still had slight more experience than the other.

"well can you blame me?"

"stop worrying, it's just one of my gloomy days, stressing over trivial things I'll be fine soon enough"

"soobin do you ever think about how talented you are" now yeonjun might think he doesn't know the art of comforting someone but these words just slipped out of his mouth.

Soobin opened his eyes to stare at the other with slight confusion but yeonjun continued "What do you think was the reason that you were picked out of the nine other people who auditioned with you?"

Soobin really has very little confidence in himself but yeonjun's words made him think.

Many others had submitted their forms yet he was one of the lucky ten who were short listed and apart from that he was chosen out of those ten poeple.

While soobin was quietly dwelling on these words, yeonjun had started panicking. He felt like he had said something wrong, something he shouldn't have said and now soobin might be more depressed than before.

So before soobin had a chance to say something he braced himself to apologize before matters got worse

"I'm sorry"
"you're right"

"wait what?"
"wait what?"

"did you just say I'm right?" yeonjun asked me to as he started at soobin

"well yeah cause you are. Everyone has their own insecurities but I shouldn't be doubting myself so much. I guess it's because of the expectations everyone around has from me"

"What expectations? We all just want you to have fun? What you think we made you audition so you must win the competition" yeonjun chuckled.

Soobin also let out a small laugh while shaking his head "but wait why did you say you're sorry"

Yeonjun's smile fell "oh I just thought I said something wrong and you got mad at me"

Soobin laughed before throwing his arms towards yeonjun, crushing his bones in a strong side hug "you're so cute"

"soobin stop you're killing me" yeonjun screamed as his escaped soobin's grip and started breathing heavily.

"hey yeonjun" he turned around with a frown to see soobin but his eyes were met with a small flash as he heard a click sound coming from soobin's phone.

"soobin" yeonjun gasped as he tried to grab the other's phone from his hand which was inches away from the ceiling "delete that"

"Nope it's my new wallpaper" soobin said as he shoved yeonjun away.

"What if someone sees that I don't-"

"No one's gonna see it. It's for me and only me to see"

Yeonjun backed off a little to take a breath "But what if you're walking home from school and someone steals you're phone and then hacks-"

"I swear to god if you don't shut up I'll throw you out this stupid window-"

And that's how their evening went, endless bickering and playful teasing.

______

I present to you another shitty chapter after months of hiatus.