30. Fit For A King

Louis has been driving in silence for the past thirty minutes. It's not a bad or awkward silence. It's just there and frankly I don't mind it.

Louis' focused on driving and if we start talking and get into a fight that could end badly. Louis turned on the music anyways so that automatically makes the ride better.

"So," Louis started, "I was actually planning on taking you to that coffee shop for our date FYI." He said as he stopped at a red light.

"Well, it's still open isn't it? You said it was getting shut down, not is shut down." I replied.

"You're right. But," he dragged, "there's a much better place I'd like to go to."

"If your mind changed that quickly about where we're going, then why was your mum looking at you like that?" I asked. "You're really not pregnant right? Cause I don't want to be a father."

Louis sighed.

"It's a lot of shit with Liam. I'm sure you don't care."

"I do too. Liam and I have became good friends so.."

Louis sighed as if he didn't believe me.

It's true though. Some of it. Liam and I have gotten closer as Louis and I progress in our relationship. Sure I don't really care for him too much, but I'd consider us friends. So therefore if something with Liam is wrong, I'll care.

"Liam's family isn't in a good place financially right now." Louis started, "Liam worked there to earn a bit of money." He explained to me.

"It's hard for him to find a job he really likes because of his criminal past. The ones that'll take him, he doesn't want, the ones that don't want him, he wants. The coffee shop was the only place that would take him. My mum wants to help them as much as she can, but with the new babies, she's tied up. Plus she goes back to work tomorrow."

I don't really know much about Liam, but he's nice. Him and Louis are like the perfect pair when it comes to friends. I don't know about his past but it was probably some stupid thing him and Louis did and they got in trouble.

"Is there anything I can to to help?" I asked Louis.

"I don't know what he needs right now to be honest. But, I'll let him know about your offer and see where that goes, alright?"

"Okay."

The car was filled with another silence as the red light turned green. This time, it was more awkward.

There's gotta be something for Liam to do. I mean, if they're in a really bad place, he shouldn't be so picky. He should take what he could get.

"Well, if your mum is going back to work she'll need a babysitter, right?" I asked.

"Mum trusts Liam with kids just as much as she trusts me, H. She'd love to help Li but she'd never let him babysit. Who knows what he'd let the girls get away with." Louis replied.

Louis pulled into a parking lot and parked the car. The building was creepy and had no signs or words showing where the hell we were.

"Lou, where are we?" Instead of answering, Louis got out of the car and signaled me to follow. I was hesitant about getting out of the car but I knew Louis wouldn't kill me...right?

We walked into the building and it was as creepy inside as it was outside. I was starting to regret coming in here. That was until Louis rounded a corner and light shown.

Life was present in this building, if you counted the flys and spiders. The entire thing was pitch black and musty. It's a miracle Louis didn't trip over something on the way here. The dead body smell was occupying every inch of my body and made me feel gross. My hands felt moist as I rubbed them together and my arms felt damp. Whatever this place was, it was moldy and definitely not safe to be breathing in. The only sound I could hear was the sound of my feet squishing against the wet carpet.

"Louis, I'm serious. Where are we?" This time, he answered,

"This is Mauvais."

"That doesn't tell me where we are."

"Are you familiar with french?" He asked me. I nodded, "Well, mauvais means something like bad. As you can tell, this place is absolute shit. It's a horrible, smelly restaurant people come to to realize what they have. Liam and I go here all the time to forget about things. I figured it was time I took you."

It was a nice thought, it really was, but coming here for a date? Louis needs to get his brain checked.

"Did you hit your head?" I asked in disbelief.

"Not recently, why?"

"In what world is this an appropriate place to have a date?"

"In my world, Hazza. Look, I know it's a little janky-"

"A little janky? I got syphilis just standing here."

"-but this place means something to me. It means something to a lot of people. I just wanted to show you something special to me. Let you in a little."

I couldn't stand this place. My nostrils were flaring and my head was spinning, but this is Louis' happy place. How? I have no clue. But it means something to him. Now I feel bad for dissing it. No, I really don't actually. This place is second to hell.

"I appreciate it, Louis, but I feel sick standing here."

"Then let's sit. It's a little less nauseating when you're sitting." Louis began to pull to to the light, but I stopped him.

"Dead serious when I say this, I don't want to be here any longer. Can we please go?" Louis looked offended by my words.

"I just expressed to you how much this place meant to me and you're still dissing it?"

"I'm just saying, this isn't a place fit for me."

"This place is fit for a king!"

"Sure, if he's dead."

"So you're too good to be in this humble place?"

"This is not a humble place, it's barely even humane. Louis, no offense but this place is disgusting and revolting." Louis' brows furrowed deeper than they ever have.

"Then leave."

"Okay, let's go." Louis stood his ground as I began walking towards the exit.

"Louis, let's go." I said firmly.

"You can go, I'm staying."

"How will you get home then?"

"Better question, how will you get home?" He asked, dangling the car keys in front of my face. "You either stay here with me, or hitch a ride home with someone else who is too good for mold."

Louis was being so unreasonable, but it won't be hard to find a ride so I left. It's crazy how fast our attitudes changed. One minute we were fine and the next he's twisting my balls, and not in the good way.

A/N: I'd make an announcement about how i'm back but anyone who was here at the beginning is most definitely not here now. i will say i have lost my hunger for writing fan fiction but i don't like leaving stones unturned, so im back. this story is wrapping up and i have no idea how it's going to end. stay tuned x