33. quickie

This was most definitely not how this was supposed to go. The chicken was burnt, the rice somehow over cooked (I swear I put in in for the recommended time), and the Tomlinson's had yet to show up. A disaster was the only way to describe this. And what didn't help was my stupid sisters nagging.

"Harry, maybe it's a good thing they're not here yet. Maybe we can just tell them to meet us at a restaurant. I'm sure they'd like that better than this shit." She said.

I tried not to roll my eyes at her.

"This is supposed to be special. I need it to be here. To prove to Jo that I can cook for her useless son because he can't seem to do anything but be sexy." I ranted, pulling at my hair, "God, she's going to hate me after this."

"H, you're acting like you haven't known her for years and that she isn't the sweetest person ever. Everything will be fine. Just shoot Louis a message to meet us at a restaurant. It will all be fine, I promise."

I took a deep breath out and searched for my phone. Once I found it, I dialed Louis' number.

"Yeah, yeah. I know we're late," Louis' voice rang through when he picked up. "Mum was 'aving trouble with the twins and then Lottie decided to do her makeup and mum wasn't 'appy and I had to go help with that. Then Dais tripped and hurt her ankle and her nose sta'ted bleedin' and then- ugh. It's just not goin' well, love. But I promise we'll be there soon."

Louis' voice was rushed and panicked. I barely understood what he was saying. Nonetheless, I laughed.

"We're having a bit of trouble over here too. Gems just had to calm me down before I started to have a panic attack."

"Trust me I'm comin' up on one of those me-self." Louis said, forcing out a laugh. "But what's going on over there? You need us to bring anythin'?"

I had half a heart to tell Louis the change of plans. We were both stressed and depending on how the Tomlinson's dressed, this could be catastrophic.

"Um, just- just a bit of a problem. And a change of plans."

"What?"

"I burnt the food, i blame Gemma, and the only other option is to go out to eat."

I heard Louis groan on the other end of the phone.

"Babe, my sisters are wild. Are you sure you want them out in public with you?"

"If we want to get together then it's our only option."

"Okay. Where are we redirecting to?" Louis asked me. I gave him a name of a restaurant and we agreed to be there in about ten minutes.

Gemma, mum, and I gather into the car as we headed off the the restaurant. It wasn't too fancy or too big, so the staff wouldn't get too mad at the little kids yelling and making a slight mess. They have manners, but little kids will be little kids.

We made it there and met the others at the entrance. Lottie was extremely happy to see me and even bragged about the new dress she had on. Louis laughed at her and told her to back off because I'm 'his'. This got Lottie real flustered and angry.

"So possessive." I teased.

"Yeah, Yeah. Im just saving you. I don't think little girls are really your type."

"You never know." I shrugged, making Louis fake gag.

We got seated and ordered our drinks. Phoebe and Daisy sat on opposite ends of their mum playing thumb wars over top of her. The patience she had was unmeasurable. I would've switched seats already. My mum was engrossed in a conversation with her about something she saw on the news the other day. Lottie was sat next to Gemma and they started gossiping right away. Gemma tried to keep her gossip PG-13 but Lottie was trying to act older than she really was, saying things not so PG-13 that had Gemma giggling her buns off. Louis and I sat next to each other, thighs brushing up against one another. It seems going out in public wasn't that bad of an idea. Other than the fact that the babies didn't get to come.