Chapter One: Korea, Here I come!

June 1rst, 2013

Serenity had spent the entire week preparing for the six week trip to Korea. Lucas was all packed and his devices all charged up for their flight. She is loading all the bags into her suv when two cars pull up. Her brother Gary and his family step out of one and her best friend Shawn gets out of the other.

"Korea baby!" Shawn yells. She laughs as he runs up to her to give her a huge hug spinning her around. Everyone is laughing just as her mother and Lucas come walking out of the house.

"Uncle Shawn!" Lucas yells, tackling Shawn around his legs. Shawn smiles and picks him up. "You ready to go buddy?" Shawn asks. Lucas nods happily and giggles.

Serenity smiles and takes Lucas to put him in his car seat. "Well we better get going then" she says to her family and Shawn and they all head to the airport to park in long term parking.

After boarding, they fly to Los Angeles's airport and transfer to Korean Air for thier flight to Korea. Serenity makes sure everyone is comfortable in their first class cocoon and sits next to Lucas in the adjoining cocoon.

Many hours later they arrive at Incheon airport in Seoul. A quick taxi ride later and they are at the hotel and getting settled.

Serenity and her family spent a week and a half visiting her mother's relatives and friends. She loved how her mother smiled and laughed. It seemed like they were all getting better in the last six months since her father died. Her uncles and aunts were excited when she and Lucas spoke to them in fluent Korean. Serenity always laughed and smiled when the shop owners and vendors stared at her when she spoke their language. In her defense she didn't look very asian. She had very pale skin, dark red hair that went down to just below her butt and had more curves than most asian girls. Her bright azure blue eyes stood out in contrast to her long lashes. This is just something she grew accustomed to in her life. Yes, she was half Korean, but her fathers Norwegian and Scottish heritage dictated her features.

In just the short time Serenity spent here she really felt at home. Tomorrow her mother and her brother and his family were heading to Jeju island for a week. Lucas, Shawn and herself were going to stay in Gangnam for the week.