Chapter 27: Stand for Something

Cleanout

When the group returned from the camping trip Serenity had a newfound strength to make a fresh start. She went into cleaning mode and cleaned out all unnecessary things around her. She redid her home office and bedroom. She also redid Lucas' room. He was getting older and would need a bigger bed. Her mother decided she would go on another trip and left to go to Spain with some of her friends. Serenity took to her social media and cleaned out anything not important to her. She organized the stack of journals she compiled over the last few months and put them into a box. She went through all her clothing and got rid of anything that had ties to hurtful memories. She also grabbed the box that contained her memories with Jared and also put them in the box with the journals. Once all done she took the box out back to the storage cellar and put it in there. Then she headed to donate all the clothing. Finally, she went shopping in stores and online for a whole new wardrobe. Hoseok's sister sent her three boxes of clothes. Before she knew it, it was comeback time.

October 10th, 2016

Everyone had gathered at BigHit for the release celebration. It was a happy gathering and everyone had a wonderful time. Wings was received well by the fans. It began a new Era for the group.

October 12th, 2016

Serenity was home getting things ready for Jimin's Birthday. The group had a few days off and they were spending them in the studio. The release caused a surge of inspiration for them. They were supposed to be at her house by 5 pm, but Jin sent her a message stating that something came up and they couldn't make it. Serenity was disappointed but didn't dwell on it. She fed Lucas and got him to bed.

Jin POV

Jin stared at his phone. He sighed and looked over at the other members. They were at a party that some of Jimin's friends were throwing at him. He wanted nothing more than to be at Serenity's eating and hanging out. Jimin said the party wouldn't be that long and they would be done in enough time to go to Noona's. That was two hours ago. Jimin was drunk. There were multiple famous actors, actresses, and idols in the club. We finally managed to make it back to the dorm just before midnight. Most of the members were drunk, even though I had more than a few drinks. Serenity would be upset tomorrow. I was not looking forward to that.

The next day Sejin was at the door bright and early. We had a Synnara Fansign Event today. I helped him bring in our meal bags. He had extra bags as well. "Serenity said that Jimin called last night drunk. She sent a hangover stew for you all and lots of baked goods to help.", he said chuckling. I grabbed the stew and put it into bowls as all the members began coming into the dining room. "She must be so upset, there are leftovers from last night's dinner here, she made a lot.", Namjoon said. Taehyung grabbed his head, "I'm never drinking again. I should have gone to Noona's without you", he moaned. Jungkook laid his head on the table. They all ate and got ready. The fan sign went well and they came back to the dorm. Serenity had been there. She filled their fridge, freezer, and pantries. All the toiletries were filled and the bedding was washed and put back and clothes washed and folded in piles in their rooms. Their guilt rode them hard. Jimin sat in his room after dinner and stared at the bag next to his bed. Inside were his presents from Serenity and Lucas. It was clothing and jewelry. He tried to call her, but it went to voice mail.

"Noona, I'm sorry. I don't know what to say. The gifts were great. The food was great too. Can you please meet me for coffee before we head to Bundang tomorrow? I'll be at our favorite place at 8 am. It's by Lucas's school. I hope to see you.", he says and hangs up.

Serenity had seen the pictures of the party. They blew her off for a party. They looked like they were having fun. Part of her wanted to be hurt, but her new strength wouldn't allow her to be. She would walk into the coffee shop the next morning with a smile. She was going to live her life for herself, not them. The cleaning and stuff at their dorm was because they had not had time to do things. She needed to hire a cleaning lady for them.