Another Side

All rights go to original author.

__________________________________________________________________

"Yeah sure, no...my mom is out of town...no, I understand. You're welcome anytime...okay, see you soon," Normani said into her phone after it rang, interrupting the girls movie.

"Who was that?" Camila asked.

"It was Lauren, she's coming over."

"What? Why?" Camila's tone was harsher then she meant it to be. She didn't want to interact with the brunette anymore then she had, not just because she disliked her but also because...she was beginning to like her. Okay 'like' wasn't the correct word- more like...tolerate.

"I'm not sure, she just said it was a family emergency," Normani explained vaguely.

"Well," Camila sighed," There goes our eventful night of movies and junk food."

"What, Lo can't watch movies with us?"

"I don't think it would be a good idea if I stayed if she's going to be here."

"C'mon Mila, I thought you guys were getting a long now! You are dating after all..." Normani smirked.

"Yeah well, our relationship is strictly business."

"Please just stay. Pleeeeaase, I'm sure she won't mind," the brunette pouted and used her big eyes to her advantage. Truthfully, Normani just wanted to see how they interacted with each other- without having to pretend they were dating- to deduce if either of them could be developing something more than hostility, hopefully friendship at the very least.

Camila caved when her lower lip started to tremble slightly.

"Ugh fine. You owe me one though," Camila agreed reluctantly.

"Yaaaaay! Thanks Mila!" she said hugging her tightly, and then the doorbell rang," Just on time!"

Camila followed her friend to the door, staying back while she answered it.

The last thing Camila expected was a small boy with a mess of brunette hair to come jumping into Normani's arms.

"Normaniii!" Chris exclaimed as he clung to her.

"Little C!" she said hugging him. The door opened more to reveal Lauren.

"Camila?" she said surprised. Camila looked like a deer caught in the headlights. Among the shock in the brunettes eyes was anger and frustration, but her whole face screamed sadness.

"Um...hey," she said forcing out a small smile. It was evident that Lauren wouldn't be in the teasing mood.

"Are you okay Lo?" Normani asked, still holding Chris in her arms.

"I- can I talk to you...alone?" Lauren asked. Camila was offended slightly until she saw that Lauren's eyes darted to what she assumed to be her brothers and not hers.

"Yeah Lo. Umm... Camila?" At the mention of her name Camila stopped staring at the tall dancer and looked at Normani.

"Yeah?"

"Ummm, can you watch Chris for a sec?"

"Err...Uh. Yeah. O-okay," Camila stuttered. Normani lifted Chris and set him on the ground and Lauren knelt down.

"Mmk C. You're gonna hang out with my friend Camila while I talk to Mani okay?"

"Mmkay Lolo!" the boy said kissing her cheek. Camila's heart leapt (involuntarily) when she heard her call Camila her friend, then again at her sweetness towards her brother.