Confrontation

All rights go to original author.

__________________________________________________________________

Camila woke up feeling even worse than the night before. With last night's gay panic behind her all she was left with was confusion, shame and lots and lots of guilt. She felt so bad for what she said to Lauren, the girl she had now accepted she was sorta/kinda attracted to, especially with all the shit the green eyed girl has already been through. The feelings stayed with her for the weekend and she avoided Normani for most of it, sometimes the girl helped too much, it's like she never ran out of ideas. As evident in their car ride to school Monday morning.

"You should just apologize to her," Normani suggested as she drove them both to school. Now that she didn't have to drive Lauren anymore they returned to their old routine of driving together.

It took Normani half an hour just to drag Camila out of bed that morning. She didn't want to face the aftermath of all that happened last Friday.

"Normani..." she replied uneasily. Camila Cabello wasn't the best at apologizing.

"Mila c'mon. She's not gonna hurt you." She parked the car and they both prepared for what might happen when they went inside the building.

High school was like a prison and a zoo rolled up into one. Except it was worse. People were always vicious and thirsty for gossip.

"She won't accept it." And why would she? Sure Lauren said some really nasty things but with what she said mixed with Lauren's home life? She wouldn't blame the girl for never speaking to her again.

"Fine, do whatever you want. I'm just asking you to try."

People were already giving them weird looks as they walked across the lot. Hey, sometimes it sucked to be popular.

"Fine. I'll TRY but I'm not promising a huge effort." Normani smiled.

"Good that's all I want. Besides, if you apologize to her it will give you a chance to be within kissing distance of her..."

"Normani!" Camila gasped, "SHUT UP", she whisper-shouted.

Normani laughed as the girl glared at her.

"Oh c'mon, no one here cares! Everyone here already thinks you're at least a little gay. You dated a girl for God's sake!"

Suddenly, Jacob Ben Israel came barreling towards them, his camera man following close behind.

"Oh great...here we go-" Camila said rolling her eyes, "more shit to deal with."

"Camila Cabello, is it or is it not true that after the huge fight last Friday you ended your relationship with bad girl Lauren Jauregui because she was 'Too violent for you?'" Camila scowled and crossed her arms to stop his ogling of her rack.

"No comment."

"How do you feel about Austin and Lauren's struggle for your heart? Flattered or disgusted with their brutish ways?"

"No comment."

"And how are you reacting to the rumor that you dumped Lauren to start yet another gay relationship with Normani Kordei?"

"WHAT?" Both girls shouted, looking at each other in shock. JBI turned to the brunette now.

"Little miss Normani Kordei, always seemingly out of place. Too pretty to be a nerd-"

"Nerds can be pretty too!"

"Too nerdy to be popular, yet hanging out with the head cheerleader."