II

SECOND YEAR

October 7th, 1990

"CASSIE! WAKE UP" that was the first thing she heard in the morning. She awoke with a shock and fell out of her bed.

"Who died?" she asked while rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

"Nobody? Why would–"Olivia started, confused.

"Then why, would you wake me up so urgently? It's Saturday" Cassie was on her way to going back to sleep when she heard Grace laughing.

"What's so funny?"

"What's so funny you asked? What's funny is that you've been drilling our brains for the past month about how important this day was and now, you've forgotten" Cassie kept looking at her, trying to remember but nothing came to mind. "Cassie today is the Quidditch try-outs" when Grace finished saying this, Cassie's eyes almost blew out of her sockets. The try-outs! How could she forget?!

"SHIT" she shouted getting out of bed and frantically looking for her Quidditch clothes. "Wait, where are Angelina and Alicia? We were supposed to go together"

"I have no idea, they were gone already when I woke up" replied Olivia. Did they leave without her?

"I'll deal with that later, I'm so late! They're going to kill me" she was beginning to panic and couldn't stop shaking for a second to tie her trainers.

"No, you'll be fine, remember the Captain has a soft spot for you" Grace said, she was already starting to fall asleep again "Good luck babes"

Cassie just rolled her eyes. Yes, she was kind of friends with Charlie Weasley, but it wasn't that he had a soft spot for her, he just treated her like a little sister. However, being friends with the captain wasn't a guarantee of anything, and he made sure to tell her that many times.

Since the beginning of the school year, a month ago, when she had decided she wanted to try out for the team, he had told her that he was very strict about his team, and you definitely had to be at the top of your game to make it. That's when she started training every single moment that she had to spare, some of her friends were trying out too; Angelina, Alicia and herself were trying for the chaser position. At the moment there was only one opening for that, plus the position of substitute chaser, she really hoped to make it but her friends had years of practice in the game.

Cassie's father had never been skilled with the broom, during his time in Hogwarts he had kept to the books and strictly to that. So when raising Cassie alone, he never tried to teach her the sport because he thought it was a waste of time. Her mom had been the star player, he always said, she played as a chaser for Gryffindor from her second year to her seventh one. She had been so good at it that when she finished her education, different teams had been quick to want her in their teams. She hadn't pursued that career though, but that was a topic for another time. So, was Cassie doing all of these just to feel like she shared something with her mum? She kept asking herself that, and she was pretty sure the answer was affirmative.

Two more of her friends were also trying out for the team and this was because they were in need of exactly two beaters. Fred and George had it in the bag, they would say. They've been playing Quidditch almost since they could walk and their brother was the captain. Cassie didn't want to bring up nepotism but she had to judge them with her own two eyes to see if they really were that good.

While running around the castle, trying to reach the Quidditch pitch in time, she remembered the time she told them she was trying out for the team, and how Fred had laughed at her face.