IV

FOURTH YEAR

October 29th, 1992

"Explain to me one more time, why are we doing this?" Cassie asked Fred as she tried to crouch behind one of the bleachers. It proved to be difficult because not only was she wearing the school uniform skirt, but also because she had limited space being blocked at either side of her by one of the Weasley twins.

"We are spying on the Slytherins to see how fast their new brooms really are, now quiet! Or they could hear us" Fred said in a low whisper. "Ouch! Watch it!"

"It wasn't me, George pushed me!" she explained while trying to get up from where she had fallen on top of Fred.

"I thought I saw someone, sorry" George apologized while he helped Cassie back to her place. All three of them now were crouching behind the bleachers of the Quidditch pitch, which wasn't really necessary since the Slytherin players were so high up and moving at such a speed, Cassie was sure they couldn't see them even if they tried.

How did they end up in this situation? Well...it had all started at the beginning of the school year, Wood was still pretty mad about Gryffindor losing the previous year so he had apparently decided he would make everyone on the team's lives miserable by making them train as hard as they ever did. This is when Slytherin comes to play because in one of the first practices of the year, they found that every single player had a new Nimbus 2001, the latest model of high standard brooms. Cassie, with her old Comet 220 almost thought it was funny; she could only imagine how slow her broom would look next to one of those.

So, following orders from their captain; Fred, George and Cassie were on a mission to gather information about the opposing team. "Alright, so they're fast, really fast. Can we go now?" Cassie asked "My knees are starting to hurt and it's really cold" she complained.

"We are not done yet, we should find a way to get a hold of their game strategies. That's unlikely something they would just discuss right here in the open, though" George said.

"True," his brother agreed. "Alright, we'll send Cassie," he added.

"What?!" she asked in a piping voice, turning to look at him so fast that she almost got whiplash.

"Yes, you can get information from the inside." Fred said and Cassie continued to be confused. "Oh don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about, miss 'I'm snogging the Slytherin chaser'" she audibly gasped.

"I'm not snogging the Slytherin chaser!" she said shrilly and tried to keep her blushing in check so as to not expose her.

"You're not? Then who was with Pucey in the Divination classroom the other day?" Fred asked, cocking his head, faking curiosity.

"How do you know about that, you pervert?" Cassie asked, frowning.

"I have my methods, which they will remain hidden"

"You thought you had Divination class and were mistaken, again?"

"Maybe, it's not important"

"If you two are finished-" George interrupted. "Can we get back to our mission?" annoyment creeping into his voice.

"Yes we can, and the mission is now over so we can finally get up from this cold, wet floor and head up to our cozy common room, right?" she asked with hopeful eyes, trying to make eye contact with both twins. She saw both of them share a look. This wasn't good.

"No, Fred is right. We need to learn some of their strategies. It's the only leverage we'll have against those brooms." He now turned to look directly at her. "How close are you with Pucey?" he asked, his face looking like he had just eaten a puke flavored jelly bean.