VI

It was eleven o’ clock in the morning when the whistle from the Hogwarts express blew, indicating to any late students that the train was leaving in less than a minute. Cassie was standing on the steps of the train, not entirely inside nor outside, but when she heard the sound she rushed to finally enter the carriage, closing the door behind her. Finding Grace among the many students wasn't an easy task but after checking on every compartment and normal seat, she finally found her near the end of the carriage.

“A more far away seat wasn’t available?” she asked, sarcasm dripping out of every syllable. Her friend just replied by sticking her tongue out. After storing her trunk, she plopped down on the seat opposite to Grace, which was completely empty, the only two people there were them. She wondered how her friend had managed this, seeing as compartments are the most sought out in the train, but before she could ask, Grace spoke up.

“Loverboy didn’t show?” Cassie had to refrain from audibly groaning.

“I told you a million times not to call him that”

“And i said that i would stop calling him that when he stopped kissing the ground you walk on”

“Well, then I guess you can officially start calling him George” she said,  now looking down to her hands. She had been waiting outside the train in the hope that he would come to his senses and try to make peace with her before the winter holidays. But apparently he didn't care that much about it.

“Fuck him, then” Grace said nonchalantly while Cassie’s eyes went wide with shock. “What? He insults you and then it's too much of a coward to apologize? Fuck him” she repeated again and Cassie made a quick look around to see that nobody was listening around.

“I mean, I did call him a prick too–”

“He fucking deserved that”

“Alright what has gotten with you and that word?”

“Oh, I’m just getting it out of my system before I have to spend two weeks with my mother” she faked a smile. “But going back to Weasel boy–”

“New nickname? Really?” Cassie rolled her eyes.

“Yes. So, going back…you were wrong for that, I agree…partially, but he was even worse and definitely overreacted so he should be the first one to bend the knee.”

“If you say so…” Cassie wasn't really convinced of that yet. The last few days she had been feeling a strange mixture of feelings. On one side she felt bad, and desperately wanted to go and apologize to George; On the other, he had called her a stuck up so he could wait for an apology until hell freezes over.

“Yes I say so and I’m always right so–”

“Who lied to you and made you believe that?” a third voice suddenly erupted from the compartment door making them  jump. Without missing a beat, Grace groaned and crossed her arms.

“What do you want here?” her friend asked the newcomer. It was her brother, Elijah. The boy in question invited himself into the compartment and sat right next to Cassie, lifting his feet to place them on the opposite seat where his sister was throwing daggers at him with her eyes.

“I’m sitting with my little sister and her friend” he flashed a dazzling smile in Cassie’s direction. “Who are you? Olivia or Cassandra?”

“I’m C–”

“It’s none of your business” Grace cut her off. 

“I think it is, since I’m going to be spending two weeks with her.” he turned his attention back to his sister.