X

Cassie was biting at her nails, every nerve of her body was on edge. She had been summoned minutes after the train started his route, to meet with the rest of the prefects on a special carriage. There, the Head boy and Head girl would give them instructions and explain how everything works.

Upon first arriving at the carriage, she glanced around the rest of students quickly to see if there was anyone she knew, spotting the other Gryffindor prefect in the process. It was a boy named Thomas Edevane, blonde haired and skinny. She knew him just by passing really, never having exchanged a word with him, but there was a first time for everything. "Hi, I'm Cassie, '' she introduced herself, sitting next to him on the empty seat. Thomas tore his eyes from the window to make eye contact with her. "Hello, and I know who you are...we had classes together since first year"

"Right! but I– Nevermind" her face had turned slightly red from embarrassment. Without her intention she had already sounded like she didn't know her own classmates, conceited. Or maybe she was overthinking it, she didn't know. The whole thing with George had shook her a little bit.

How could Eden have been so dense as to not sign a freaking love letter? To make matters worse, it made George think that she was the one with the crush, no wonder he looked so uncomfortable.

Well –Cassie got too into her thoughts– would it really have been that bad if she was the one with the feelings? She wasn't that bad and she considered herself to be of above average beauty. Any boy would be lucky to be at the receiving end of her affection! George should have felt lucky!

Stop.

Shaking her head, she returned to earth. She was taking offence for something that hadn't even happened, she really needed to get herself under control sometimes.

Trying to focus again on the situation at hand, she noticed that almost all students were accounted for, but still the meeting hadn't started. She turned to address Thomas once more. "Do you know why we haven't started yet?"

"Yeah, apparently there is one student running late." he said while rolling his eyes, he didn't strike Cassie as being the most patient person.

Of course. "Oh, do you know who–" she didn't get time to finish her follow up question, when a boy walked through the open door of the compartment. His clothes were wrinkled and his tie was badly tied, when her eyes finally landed on his face, his blue eyes and dark messy hair, she wanted to scream.

"Sorry I'm late! It won't happen again." Roger Davies apologised to the two older students while he sat on the only empty seat. Unfortunately for Cassie, it was right next to her. She moved a little bit farther away from him.

How to explain her relationship with Roger? Well, to begin with, there was no relationship. He was just some bloke that liked to annoy her from time to time, there weren't even friends but they weren't enemies either. She couldn't put a name to it.

"Did I miss much?" he whispered in her ear, clearly trying to not make more of a fuss on his account. The feeling of his hot breath near her sent a chill down her spine, she didn't like it.

"It hasn't started yet, something about waiting for an irresponsible student who was running lat–oh wait" she answered him, staring straight ahead.

"Charming as usual" he muttered under his breath, she just gave him the biggest fake smile she could muster and returned her attention to the two older students who were starting to speak now. Percy was leading the meeting, speaking high and proudly of his new charge as Head boy, the girl standing next to him, a blonde with the Ravenclaw uniform, must've been Penelope Clearwater, his girlfriend and the appointed Head girl. The meeting went on...and on...and on. It seemed like Percy couldn't keep his mouth shut at the opportunity of having this many people giving him their full attention; Penelope however, had simply said a few things and given two pieces of advice, it was all that Cassie had registered to be honest.