1

Don't look and he'll be gone. I sang while I walked towards my locker. It took an enormous amount of willpower not to look over my shoulder.

The hall was already full of students. Although, if he had followed me, I would have seen him quite easily through the crowd.

He stood in a corner, just like the rest did, without moving and just watching me.

"Agh! Have you seen Leif? I mean, honesty, could he be any hotter?! Oh no, he couldn't." Miranda, my best friend since I can remember, screamed while taking my arm.

"No, I haven't seen him."

I couldn't care less about how hot Lief looked. Miranda rolled her eyes and opened her locker next to mine.

"For real, Maddie, I don't understand how can you ignore such an extremely sexy individual."

I managed to smile and hung my bag on my shoulder.

"Sexy? For God's sake please tell me you didn't say sexy." Miranda shrugged.

"I'm not an endless pit of descriptive words, like you."

I dared looking behind my back. The halls were full of normal people, people who were alive. They were talking, laughing, reading their schedules. Everything was pretty real.

"So, which class do you have first?" I asked, realxing for the first time since I saw that dead guy outside, calmly laying down on a picnic table looking right at me.

"I have Algebra II. Agh! I enjoyed geometry so much last year. I hated algebra in first year and I can already feel the negative vibes getting out of my book." Miranda's dramatic style for life in general always made me laugh.

"I have British Literature."

"Good, everyone knows you love it. Oh, look, look, look, look he's there."

Miranda whisper-shouted, while pointing to where Leif was talking with other football players.

"I hate not being able to walk around and enjoy Mr. Perfection with you, but this is my stop."

Miranda nodded and then made her way towards Leif.

The empty and lonely places were the ones I usually avoided.

Knowing the fact that the bell wouldn't ring in another 5 minutes, this classroom, without a doubt, would be empty for the next 4 minutes. If I stayed in the hall, I would've been trailed off by Miranda to where Leif was.

I knew that he wasn't interested in taking to Miranda. We've gone to school with Leif since we were 11 years old. Since his transfer from Florida, he didn't even recognize neither of us. Not that I cared. He wasn't my type. I walked towards the desk that was closest to the window, and placed my bag on the floor.

A movement, and I knew I wasn't alone in that room, at all. I knew I shouldn't have stayed in here. But I already was here and running away would make it worse.

I turned to see the same soul I saw outside, sitting on a chair at the end of the classroom with his feet up on the table in front of him and his arms casually crossed over his chest. How did he know I could see him?

I didn't give him any clue. Normally, souls needed some kind of clue to realize that I wasn't as blind as the rest of the world. Something about him was different. Maybe I should go with Miranda and the football team who were on the hall. If I acted like I didn't see him and walked through the hall again, maybe he'd think he made a mistake and walk through a wall or whatever.

"You really don't wanna submit to such stupid company, do you?" A cold and soft voice broke the silence.

What the actual fuck?