5

"Hey." I simply said, as I didn't know what to say.

He hysterically laughed and playfully punched my arm.

"Chill, Maddie, it's alright. I understand that I disgusted you and then God opened your eyes so you could see that I'm not that bad after all. That's awesome." He said and I tried to genuinely laugh.

"So, what makes you come to the lower class tables?" Wyatt asked Leif.

Leif looked at him raising an eyebrow. "Oh, so this is the lower class table? I didn't know. It has the super successful athlete." He said pointing to Wyatt. "His girlfriend." He pointed to Miranda. "And last year's Homecoming queen." He finally pointed at me.

I rolled my eyes. "That was just because of my date and you know it."

"No, I actually didn't know."

"Anyway, what do you need?" I asked Leif trying not to sound rude.

"I just wanted to let you know that I got an A on my speech."

"That's awesome." I smiled. "It's a really good speech. You put great things on it."

"Yeah, but I couldn't have done it without your help."

I smiled and looked at my food.

I forgot one thing, I recently found out Leif is adopted when we were trying to think of a subject for his speech.
I obviously didn't tell Miranda about it or his dyslexia.

"Are you going to tonight's match?" Leif asked me and I looked at him surprised by his question.

"Um, no, probably not."

He frowned and then nodded.

"Well, thank you again and I guess I'll see you on Monday."

"Alright. Good luck tonight." I replied and turned around to see Wyatt giving me a disapproving stare.

"What?" I asked him.

"The poor guy isn't used to being rejected like that."

"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"He wanted you to go to his match and you said no."

I frowned, trying to remember if he asked me to go. I was sure he asked me if I was planning on going. He never asked me to go.

"No, he didn't."

Wyatt started laughing. "Dating Jay ruined you. You're so used to people being direct like Jay, but the majority of the guys aren't. Trust me, he was inviting you." Wyatt sat up and I turned to see Leif talking with Kendra.

+++

"Don't girls your age go out and do stuff on weekends?"

This time I wasn't able to stop the scream that came out of my mouth. Fortunately my mom wasn't home so she didn't hear me.
I turned around to see the speaking soul sat down on my bed, looking at me.

"Could you please stop appearing from nowhere and scaring me? God! And what are you doing in my room? Go away!" I threw the shirt I was going to put on my closet at him as I didn't have anything else to throw.

He really needed to stop following me.

He raised one of his eyebrows. "Normally you aren't so irritable."

I approached my window and opened it. "Please fly away. Keep away from my room. I could've been naked for goodness sake!"

He grinned and I felt my heart sink.