10

I know I said k was gonna post this on Christmas, I just didn't have the time, I'm sorry :( buuut I might post another chapter for New Years :) and Merry late Christmas

My questions still didn't have any answers. I got back to the stadium, frustrated with Ross and his determination on being mysterious, even when he seemed to be the reason why my life was so messed up.

A familiar laugh caught my attention and I turned to see Kendra with her hands on Ross' chest while he looked down at her smiling. I froze.

He seemed to be happy with the cheerful blonde's attention, when just a few seconds ago he was swearing and telling me to threaten every speaking soul that came to me. The urge of approaching Kendra and hit her until she was a good five meters away from Ross, was kind of hard to resist. His eyes met mine. He nodded, like he was greeting me, and his eyes went back to the girl in his arms.

I swallowed the feeling of betrayal and looked away from them. Ross didn't belong to me, so, technically, he didn't betray me. That reminder didn't make me feel any better, at all. Sometimes, it looked like Ross Lynch and the soul were two different people.

I trusted the soul. Ross Lynch confused me.

"Maddie!"

Miranda's voice was heard through the celebration. I turned in my heels, not sure if I was ready to face her in this moment. I looked back at the parking lot, thinking of a way to escape. But my house didn't seem safe anymore. The beautiful blonde soul had scared me.

"Maddie?" Miranda called again, and I knew I had to go with her. Leif must be waiting for me.

"Go with them. I'm here. You're safe." Ross' voice was clearly heard through the crowd. Just like before, anybody seemed to hear him. I looked for him in the crowd.

"Geez, Maddie, are you deaf?! Where have you been? Let's go." Miranda took my arm and lead me through the cheering crowd.

"There he is!"

Miranda yelled at me while she pulled me closer to Leif. He looked at me and I smiled. He smiled widely and ran towards me. Before I could even know, he pulled me up and pressed me against his chest. I didn't have time to prepare myself when his lips were on mine. He grabbed my waist and we kissed for a while.

"That was even better than I expected." He said, breathless.

"Okay, you two lovebirds need to find a fucking room, or we could all just go out for dinner. I'm starving." Said Wyatt behind me.

Leif winked an eye at me and slides his arm around my shoulders.

"Let's get some food."

+++

Leif's thumb met my hand. He started holding my hand whenever we were together. It was cute.

"It's disgusting." Miranda said. "Did they have to come here? I mean, why doesn't he just take the octopus girl to a hotel and leave us eat in peace?"

I looked over the door to see Ross with Kendra by his side. "I think the only way she could be any closer to him, is if she wrapped her legs around him and he was forced to pick her up." Said a disgusted Miranda.

Wyatt laughed. "Okay, Miranda, leave the poor girl alone. It seems that the rock star is trying his best not to get raped. He doesn't need you making sarcastic comments." Miranda laughed and rested her head on Wyatt's shoulder.

"Get raped? That's a good one. I should've thought of that." Wyatt shook his head.

Leif sighed. "She has many problems that make her act like that." I looked at him and he seemed to be more concerned than amused.

Miranda rolled her eyes. "You'd know it. You've dated her for like three years."

Leif looked at me. "Yes, I did, but just because the only girl I wanted, seemed to not like me at all."

I smiled and squeezed his hand.

"I was stupid." Which was true. Getting to know Leif taught me not to judge anyone for what they look like.

"You're brilliant. Maybe a little slow on acceptation, but still brilliant." And then his lips met mine.

I heard a deep growl and I jumped back, looking at Leif to see if he was growling. His confused stare let me know it wasn't him. He stroked my cheek and the growling started again.

It was definitely not Leif the one making those animal sounds.

"Are you okay?" He asked softly.

"I'm sorry, I thought you said something." I explained, forcing a smile. He grinned and his hand left my face. The growling stopped and I looked around the room.

Ross was sat on a table in the corner next to Kendra, who seemed to be chatting nonstop with a cheerleader who was with them. His eyes looked at me with a possessive spark. It was him. He was the one growling. How did he do that?

Leif put his arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer to him.
Miranda smiled.

"So, when are we picking the dresses for Homecoming?" She asked me.

I frowned. Leif and I haven't talked about Homecoming. We were dating, but he didn't tell me anything about going. I already decided staying home watching old movies with some popcorn.

"You asked her, right?" She asked annoyed. Leif looked at me.

"I just assumed it was fixed. I was supposed to ask?"

His worried expression was adorable. I smiled at him, hoping to make him calm down.

"Leif, you're always supposed to ask the girl out. Assuming it's already fixed is bad." Miranda's tone made me laugh.

"Maddie, would you like to go to Homecoming with me? The possibility of not being able to have you in my arms is heartbreaking." Miranda sighed.

"Alright, that was beautiful. Why didn't you ask me like that?" She asked Wyatt.

Wyatt threw a killing stare at Leif.

"Thanks bro. Next time you wanna show your romantic side, can it please be in private?"

I laughed and Leif looked at me. I nodded and he leaned over to kiss me. I prepared myself for the growl, and when I heard it, I smiled.