6

Leif didn't appear yesterday to finish his speech, and it was due today. Not appearing wasn't common in him. As it was almost 1am and I hadn't even received a call from him, I decided to finish it myself and then printed it. Letting him have a bad grade seemed too cruel.

I put my hand on my pocket to get his speech out as I started walking through the hallway. I only wanted him to have a really good excuse.

"Hey girl, where have you been? I miss you." Where have you been, is the real question.

Last year when Miranda and Wyatt started dating I really didn't mind, since I was with Jay. But now, that I'm all alone, I feel like they don't care about me.
Of course Miranda denied that, not that I care, I'm glad they're finally together.

"We gotta keep up." I told her while looking for Leif in the crowded hallway.

"Yeah, what about this Friday?"

"Sure, whenever you want to." I smiled. "Now if you excuse me, I have to give Leif something." She nodded and I made my way towards him.

I noticed Kendra leaned on his locker, smiling at him. I slowed down and stood behind Leif.

When I was close enough to touch his shoulder, Kendra pulled her hads through Leif's hair. It was disgusting. He was a nice guy and she was the definition of evil.

"Are you sure that coming over yesterday wasn't a big deal? I wouldn't like to screw everything between you and your girlfriend." She whispered.

"You know she isn't my girlfriend, Kendra. Stop calling her that. You'll start rumours." He sounded annoyed.

The idea of someone thinking he liked me was really that disgusting to him?

I turned around starting to make my way to my first class.

"You spend too much time at her house and she's always looking at you."

"She's my tutor and no, she's not looking at me. You're just being paranoid when there's no reason to be."

I started thinking of everytime he lied to me, making me think he was a good guy. He was as evil as Kendra. Was he even adopted or did he make that up for me to feel bad for him?

"Are you sure she knows she's not your girlfriend? Because it looks like she's chasing you." Kendra giggled.

I turned again hating the feeling in my cheeks. My face was probably red as hell.

"Oh, hey, Maddie. I was gonna look for you and explain what happened yesterday." I nodded and handed him the paper.

"I though you might need this."

He stared at the paper and I aimed to go away.

"Wait, I was gonna call you yesterday. I had to do something else. Thanks." He said holding up the paper.

Kendra put her hand around Leif's shoulders. "That isn't true, Leif, you didn't have to come over if you had something to do." She looked at me smiling.

While I was finishing his speech, he was with Kendra. How stupid can I be? I spent my time writing a speech for someone who I thought needed my help, all this time thinking he was a good guy, that I could possibly like him, really like him.

Maybe Leif was the type of guy I thought he was after all. It hurt that the fact that the boy I've built, was just an illusion.

With a little effort, I finally managed tonopen my locker and find the books I'd need for my class. I stopped, closed my eyes and sighed.