The locker

just to make things clear these little extra chapters will be about things that already happened but in ross' point of view :)

The only explanation I could find was that this guy had to be a total dickhead. Whenever Maddie wasn't looking at him, he just kept giving her pathetic intense glares. Then, when she finally looked at him, he just acted like he hadn't been drooling for her like a goddamn dog just two seconds ago. If it weren't for how possessive I felt over the girl, I would've let him know how wrong his actions were. I didn't like the fact that she wanted his attention.

Seeing her little frown and the disappointment on her face made my stomach flip. I couldn't exactly name what I was feeling. It wasn't something I was familiar with.

Maddie hung her bag on her shoulder while she struggled to make her way through the crowded hall. I couldn't just keep my distance and see her so unhappy. Instead of remaining at the back, being her shadow, as I have been for weeks now just to relieve the strange tension I felt on my chest —which only her absence could cause—, I spoke.

"Don't look at him next time. It'll drive him crazy."

I noticed her eyes widened before she looked at me. I hated how her frown deepened.

I knew that most people weren't crazy about me —because, after all, I was Death—, but I still wanted Maddie to like me. Admitting that simple fact was already too humiliating. She stopped in front of her locker, still ignoring me, although I made sure she could see me.

"He's trying to look indifferent. Just shows how childish he is, but I can see that it's annoying you."

"I'm not annoyed." She whispered while she opened her locker.

"Yes, you are. There's a little wrinkle between your eyebrows and you bite your lower lip whenever something annoys you."

That caught her attention. I noticed she froze and she slowly looked at me through her dark hair. It reminded me of silk for some reason. Her frown was gone and a weird feeling of achievement took over me. I was the only one who made that little smile appear on her lips. Why did something so simple made me feel like a goddamn king?

"You're missing the public exhibition of affection between your friends. It's possible they'll need you to throw a bucket of ice cold water on them."

I had barely seen Miranda and Wyatt. All I could see when Maddie was around was, well... Maddie. But I knew that joking about the constant kissing session between her friends would make that tiny smile transform into a wide one.

"That's better. I like it when you smile. If the little football player makes you frown again, I'll take the situation in my own hands."

Did I really just say that? I'd have to be careful with my words.

Before she could reply, I vanished. I wasn't willing to explain what I had just said. She could no longer see me, though I hadn't moved.

She raised her shoulders and let them fall along with a loud frustrated sigh. She turned on her heels to go to her next class and I was glad she couldn't hear me laughing. I was sure that my amusement due to her frustration wouldn't please her.

But, fucking hell, that girl fascinated me.