19

just wanna let y'all know that I just posted the second chapter of my new brad story, it's called 'angel' and it'd be lovely if you check it out 💖

The streets were decorated with Christmas lights hanging on every tree. Everything smelt like hot chocolate. The snow that was on our clothes slowly began to melt whilst we walked through the streets. Wyatt was carrying five shopping bags on his hands, full of stuff Miranda had bought.

A cold breeze hit my face and I buried it in my scarf which I wrapped many times around my neck. I wasn't used to this weather. Our winters in Florida were never this cold. Leif pulled me closer to him.

"Lets go to that cafe and drink something to warm us up."

"Great idea. I need a break from these bags and I'm pretty sure Miranda won't find anything to buy there."

I laughed at Wyatt through the scarf that covered my mouth. I pointed at the bags, looking at him.

"You have to be kidding. You know she can find whatever, wherever we go. For now, we've been to five different shops and you're carrying five bags."

"Whatever." Miranda said, making a weird gesture with her hand. "Why are all those little and cute shops here if it's not for buying?"

Leif chuckled behind me and we all went to find a table. I sighed when the temperature of the cafe seemed to warm up my body, just a little bit.

"What do you want?" Leif asked taking off his scarf.

"I'll have whatever you do." I replied and he turned to take our orders with Wyatt and I looked at Miranda.

"I feel like my nose has been buried in the snow for six hours straight." I complained and she nodded.

"I know what you mean. Now that I'm here and not focused on shopping, I feel like dying."

I began saying something, but immediately stopped when I saw a soul next to a couple sitting on the corner of the cafe, looking at the rest of the people confused. Now that I knew what they are and why they always look confused and lost, I found myself wishing I could do something to help them. They could've lived more lives if they moved on.

"Who are you looking as if you're about to burst out crying?" Miranda asked and I stopped staring at the soul to look at her.

"No," I shook my head. "I just got lost in my thoughts." Miranda looked over her shoulder, but all she saw was Wyatt and Leif coming over to our table with our drinks.

"Here we go. Let's see if we can make the cold blood in our veins start working again." Wyatt teased. I took the cup of coffee that Leif handed me, taking a sip. I needed something hot running through my body, otherwise I think I'd die.

Miranda took her cup and rubbed it on her nose. I laughed and Wyatt rolled his eyes.

"Laugh all you want, but it feels nice." I studied my cup and decided that it didn't matter how ridiculous it looked, I wanted to warm up my nose too.

"You, Florida girls, exaggerate a lot with a bit of cold weather."

Miranda put her cup down and looked at Leif as if she didn't understand what he just said. "A bit of cold weather?! It honestly feels like we're in Alaska." She then shivered and placed the cup over her nose again.