16

The next morning Ross was gone. I knew he wouldn't come back, but I ran down the stairs anyway just to check if he had stayed. The days passed and Ross kept ignoring me, and he also kept flirting with Kendra. It was like whenever he was around, I suddenly became invisible. At night, he would get into the living room when I was about to go to bed and he would sit down on the sofa without noticing me. Nothing made sense. I have tried countless times to get him to talk to me, but they didn't work.

"I'm not gonna take a no as an answer. If I have to go personally to your house, get you dressed and then call Wyatt to pick you up, lift you over his shoulder and take you to the concert, I will. Don't doubt it." Miranda put a hand on her waist and raised her chin, determined. Arguing with her when she was like that was useless.

Wyatt chuckled. "I'll lift Maddie over my shoulder if I have to, but maybe we should first discuss the transport with Leif. I'm not really sure if he'll be fine with me carrying his girl over my shoulder."

Miranda shook her head. "It doesn't matter! He won't do anything she doesn't want to. You'll have to carry her and I'll have to sit over him whilst you both run away."

I laughed and it surprised me how great it felt.

"What is it with you sitting over me?" Leif asked while he got closer to us and slid an arm around my waist.

Miranda rolled her eyes. "I'm just trying to make Maddie understand I won't take a no as an answer. She'll go to the concert tonight and that's final."

Leif squeezed my waist slightly.

"So we are talking about a possible hostage situation then?" Leif asked jokingly.

Wyatt chuckled. "It seems like it."

Leif looked at me and smirked. "Do you want to run away and see if they can catch us?"

I laughed and shook my head. "No, I'm fine. I'll go if it's so important to Miranda."

Miranda let out a very dramatic sigh. "Fine, I didn't want to argue with him."

"It would've been funny seeing you try." Wyatt laughed and I tried really hard not to think about the fact that I had just agreed to go to Cold Soul's concert at the beach.

Seeing Ross on stage with the same guitar he's played for me countless times and hearing his voice being shared with thousands of people just made the hole in my heart become bigger.

"It's going to be amazing, Maddie. I know you don't really care about Ross Lynch, but trust me, the kid knows how to play."

I know, I replied to her in my mind. But of course I couldn't say that out loud.
Miranda turned and gave her boyfriend a warm smile, making the hole in my heart hurt even more. I knew I'd never love Leif the way she loved Wyatt. Ross Lynch had hurt my heart and claimed it in the process.

"Just please don't start drooling with all that rock star thing. I'm a fan of his music too, but I can hate him quite quickly if I get jealous." Wyatt said mockingly, but we all knew he was being serious.

Leif chuckled. "I don't think I'll have to worry about Maddie drooling. Cold Soul doesn't perform her type of music. I have a feeling she won't be there for a long time."