The kiss

She was defending me. Smart, honest, talented and compassionate. No one has ever defended me before. The silly blonde by my side let out disgusting little laughs, similar to the sound nails did against a board. This wasn't a place I wanted to be right now. I just stayed for Maddie. Being near her, look at her, touch her, those were all the reasons why I made this choice. So there I was, forcing myself to tolerate this annoying blonde covering her body with mine.

The gym's door opened, while Maddie shot me one last glare before disappearing. What was she thinking? She didn't need to be alone. I knew that. She looked mad while she stared at the guy she had left behind, I almost felt bad for him. He didn't mean to annoy her. But the simple fact that their fight was over me gave me a ridiculous feeling of joy.

"Go fool around with your friends for a while, Kendra." I ordered before getting away from her claws. I needed to find Maddie.

If I didn't know her I'd swear she was unreal. The breeze made her hair dance above her shoulders. The confusion, sadness and anger could easily be seen in her facial expression. Knowing I had something to do with all those emotions hurt me.

"Why aren't you inside dancing with your date?" I asked.

Her head shot up and relief shone in her eyes before she shrugged her shoulders and then she stared at her feet again, avoiding eye contact.

"He looked really upset sitting alone in that table." I said in a low voice, hoping to cover up the real reason why I was standing there. She didn't need to know how desperately needy I felt towards her.

She shrugged and kept studying her feet. I couldn't help but let out a small chuckle. Her trying to pretend like she wasn't as happy as I was to be here all by ourselves, was just cute.

"So, you've decided to try ignoring me again, to see if I leave?"

Biting her bottom lip, she shook her head. "I know it doesn't work with you."

"Why are you here, Maddie? What happened?" I whispered.

I just wanted to hear her saying it. Why? I wasn't sure. It'd only torture me more. But I needed to know that she desired me too.

"Nothing that concerns you."

Smiling at her attempt of acting like she didn't give a damn, when I could clearly hear her heart pounding in her chest, I fought the need to laugh.

"Really?" I asked her.

"Really."

I closed the distance between us. "Watching me dance with Kendra doesn't annoy you?"

She shook her head and I could notice her breathing was becoming faster. I let my eyes wander towards her dress, and I enjoyed the simple fact that she had bought it for me. Because I had suggested that colour. This dress wasn't bought for the quarterback. The need of growling my approval was overwhelming.

"I knew pale pink would suit you. Almost every girl can't wear it, but on you, it's perfect."

I noticed goosebumps on her skin. Knowing I had this effect on her made me smile internally.

"You think I don't want to touch you the way I touch Kendra. You're right."

Maddie took a step back. The pain in her eyes made me almost go on my knees. I had no intention to hurt her. Immediately, I took her hand in mine and made her come closer to me. This was exactly what I was trying to avoid doing. The more we touched each other, the more powerful my need of her became. But in this moment, I needed to erase that look on her eyes. Nothing else mattered.

"When I touch Kendra, mentally, I'm scared I'll still have to pretend I'm interested in her. When I can't control my need of you and I let myself touch you, the monster inside of me comes to life, the one I'm scared of losing control. You make me feel things I've never felt before. Something-" I stopped myself and let my eyes fall to her lips. "Happens when I'm this close to you." I couldn't stop myself. I needed more. I slowly slid my finger through her lower lip. The velvet-like texture made a strong, burning and painful need of her take over me. I closed my eyes.

Opening my eyes again, I looked directly into her eyes. I needed her to understand.

"You're the only thing I want in this world, yet the only thing I can't have. Because having you completely would be impossible. You can't go where I go." Incapable of backing away, I cupped her face in my hands. "The purpose of my existence is not having a partner, to be lonely and cold. Then you turned into the objective and everything changed."

Something unfixable was happening. I couldn't hurt her. I wasn't destined to her. Horrified, I've gone too far, I've risked her life over my obsessive need, I quickly got away from her. Desperate for saving her from myself.

"Go away, Maddie. Run, please, run. I'm not what you think I am. I'm not 'smart, honest, talented and compassionate' and hearing you say those words to defend me, I felt a hot liquid run through my cold veins. You want to know what I am and I can't tell you. If you knew, I wouldn't have to ask you to run."

I had to leave now. This was a mistake. As I was walking away from her, I heard her running behind me. Didn't she hear me? I've told her much more than she should know. Stopping on my tracks, I slowly turned around and looked at her.

Maybe fear was the only solution. But the instant I saw it flickering on her face, I backed away. I couldn't scare her. This wasn't what I wanted.

"I don't care what you are." She stated, taking a step closer to me. "You can't scare me and I won't run away."

My chest felt like someone had split it in two.

"Go away, Maddie. Now. I can't control myself anymore." I managed to whisper through my pain.

Instead, she got even closer to me. The begging look on her face destroyed me. How could I resist? A deep growl left my mouth and with a quick movement, I grabbed her in my arms. My mouth was on hers instantly. I needed to taste her. This was the only chance I would get of tasting her and I wanted it all. I bit her lower lip and quickly placed my tongue over it afterwards. I needed more. Her tiny hands grabbed my shirt and I wanted to scream, signalling triumph. I no longer had control of my decisions. Maddie did. I'd do anything to stay with her. The sweet taste which I couldn't name because it was exclusively hers consumed me.

Maddie controlled me now. Her soul belonged to me. I started tasting the smooth skin of her neck while the words 'Death must never commit to anyone' ran through my mind. The touch of her hands sent shivers through my body while she held onto my face and claimed my lips. More. I needed more. She was mine.

Just then I noticed the danger. Her soul had been set free from her body. With every touch by Death, she gave up on herself for me. Fear took over me whilst I let go from her embrace and took a step back.

"I can't, Maddie. I want this so damn much. But I just can't."

Before she could stop me, I vanished.

so sorry this update took so long, promise you'll have the sequel very soon xx