13

I feel like I say this all the time but please read the authors note ☺️💞

At the end of the day I went to my locker and took out the books I'd need to do my homework. Then I felt two hands slide to my waist.

"I missed you." Leif whispered in my ear, I turned around and smiled.

"I missed you too, but shouldn't you be practising?"

He shrugged. "I was on my way there when I thought about you standing in front of your locker and how easy it'd be to take a shortcut to see you."

"I'm glad you did. Now go back to practise, silly." He leaned in and kissed me softly.

"I'll see you later."

I kept staring at him until he disappeared through the corridors, then sighed and closed my locker. Today has been exhausting and I just wanted to go home.

A chill crept down my spine and I froze. It wasn't a chill like Ross'. It was another kind of chill. The fear made my heart beat violently. I took two deep breaths before slowly turning on my heels. The blonde girl's soul was staring at me from the other side of the corridor. Studying me like she did last time.

Why didn't I go with Leif?

She started laughing, making me cringe. Every step I took back, she took forward.

"Leave me alone." I managed to say. It was obvious I was mortified.

She raised her eyebrows. "I can't."

I thought of running away, but I knew she'd catch me.

"Go away or I'll tell Ross." I said with lack of conviction in my voice. She laughed again.

"He's busy with that blonde girl. I don't get why he's stopping this." She said when only a few steps were separating us.

"Ross." I whispered hoping that somehow, he'd hear me. The girl— or soul, whatever— looked around with panic, but just for a second. Then her angelical smile came back.

"Like I said, he's busy." She stretched out her hand to touch me and I shuddered, waiting for the feeling of her cold hands.

"I wouldn't do it if I were you." Ross' voice almost made me feel weak, almost. His arms hugged me and I leaned on him.

"Leave it. This is no one's decision." She said looking at him as if she could kill him just by doing it. "It was never your decision. The rules are as they always were. They'll have to do it."

He tightened his grip around me. "You're leaving and keeping away from her. If you ever come near her again, I'm not going to forgive you so easily." I could see fear in her eyes and then she disappeared.

I felt my knees weaken and Ross hugged me tighter so I didn't fall.

"Did she touch you?"

I shook my head and looked behind me. He was looking at the hall, probably making sure she was gone.

"Come on, I'll take you home."