Deserted Driving

⁓No ones POV⁓

Sam is driving. Mackie is in the passenger seat. Amanda, Colby, Nate, Josh and Seth are situated in the back. They are driving to their destination through a deserted road in the middle of nowhere in the evening.

"Woah!" Colby exclaims as he straightens up in his seat scared shitless whilst looking at his screen. "What?" the rest question as they straighten up as well. "My phone just died!" Colby stated fake crying before snickering as everybody grumbled annoyed by the reason stated by Colby for his sudden outburst. "But in all seriousness I did find something about the place." Colby spoke as he shoved his hand into a bag grabbing a power bank which he connected his phone to, the light illuminating from the phone blinding him and Amanda as they winced and looked away. "Oh thank god we've been at this for an hour already!" Seth said as he shook his head rubbing his eyes forcefully in an attempt to stay awake. They all squirmed in their seats getting impatient for their arrival at the hotel in which they would stay for the night before travelling to their actual destination. The car came to a sudden halt jerking everybody forward from the sudden velocity change, they groaned. "We're Here." Sam spoke in the most exhilarated yet tired fashion as he pulled into the parking lot of the hotel.

"It is bigger than I expected." Mackie said as she peered at the hotel from within the car as everyone got off. "Who cares?" Colby says as he grabs his bag and makes a run for the entrance. They all laugh at his impatience as they also make a dash for the entrance luggage in hand. They walk in. Soothing lights, red and golden carpet with etched symbols of the hotel. "What does P-H stand for?" Sam says squinting whilst looking at the ground. Everybody looked at him in disbelief. "Primrose Hotel." an unfamiliar voice beaconed from behind the counter where everybody stared in shock as they were unaware of the presence of someone other then them.

"Dalton?" Josh enquired in a serious tone as he walked up to the counter. The stranger smiled with a slight nod. "I apologize for the sudden intrusion in your conversation but yes I am Dalton the manager of the hotel." They relaxed. Silence. They all looked at each other in awkward silence which was slowly suffocating Colby as he slipped a sigh before saying with the fakest smile he could pull off: "We already booked rooms for all of us, did we not Josh?" Josh nodded as he looked at Dalton who was now searching for the E-cards for our reserved rooms. "Ah! Here they are!" Dalton declared as he rested them onto the marble counter in front of Josh who spared a fake smile at Dalton as he took the cards and turned walking up to them who had huddled in the corner of the large lobby just by the door.

"Were all in the presidential suite but each room has electronic locks." Josh mumbled audible only to us as they all felt the burning glare of the supposed "manager". They quickly scrambled over to the elevator the girls going in before the boys when the door to the elevator opened.

Silence.

They reach the floor of the suite. The 10th floor. Josh quickly walks over to the door as he slides the main E-card over the screen. Bing. The door opens. Josh walks in as he holds it open for the rest of them. He closes it behind Seth the last one in. They all set their stuff down as they stand their engulfed by the strange personality of the manager. "That was weird." Sam states grabbing everyone's attention as he hugs himself quite seriously uncomfortable. Amanda walks over to him and puts a caring hand on his shoulder as she nods agreeing to the statement made. They look at each other as silence fills the room. Ping. They jolt up and all look at each other before Colby pulls out his phone as he stares at it anger spilling over his face as he turns and walks out towards the balcony, closing the door as he puts the phone to his ear. They all look at each other and shrug. "Alright, we have 6 room cards and 7 people, who is willing to share the master bedroom?" they all look away not wanting to give up there much needed privacy after the 5 hr drive.

⁓Sam POV⁓

"Why is he so angry? " Sam thinks to himself as he stares at Colby who is currently on his phone visibly bickering with someone. My eyes slowly bore into Colby as the world around me disappears except Colby who has his back turned to me. "SAM!" Nate barked out my name as everybody looked at me smiling-smirking. "Y-yes" I yelped as I cleared my throat trying not to blush over the fact that I was just caught eye-raping my best friend of 10 years. "Thank you for volunteering." Josh said handing me a card. I took it. "You're Welcome?" I said confused as everyone burst into laughter at my response, I think. "What's so funny?" Colby said with a raised eyebrow as he stood right next to me, my arm brushing against his, I blush. "Oh, nothing." Nate snickered as he responded. "So every rooms owner is decided?" Josh said as he picked up his bag about to walk away. "I don't have a card." Colby said as he said holding up his empty hands in the air, earning a chuckle from Josh as he looked at- ME?!

⁓Colby POV⁓

I walked into the room anger visible on my face. I looked up at the others as I heard them laughing, everyone was except for Sam. "What's so funny?" I said confusion laced on my face as I darted my eyes around slowly observing everyone, everyone except for Sam who I was now standing next to. They all quite down. "Oh, nothing" Nate states as he snickers his hand on his head, his hair pushed away from his face as if he had just heard the most shocking news of his life. "So every rooms owner is decided?" Josh spoke in a nonchalant manner as he latched onto his stuff and tried walking away. I say tried because I stopped him quickly saying: "I don't have a card." He just laughed and peered over at-Sam. "Oh, we're sharing." I thought as I relaxed knowing I wouldn't have to sleep on a couch or anything.

End of Chapter one, I hope you guys enjoyed reading. Leave feedback or constructive criticism in the comments. I will also be deleting any rude/hateful/degrading/mean comments. And I also would like to say that I am not in any way saying that Sam and Colby are gay and neither am I saying they like each other in a romantic way. This is simply a work of fiction which I hope you enjoy. Thank you for reading!!! Have a wonderful night/day/evening/afternoon/Life.