~DISPERSING DEFENCES~

"VIXEN!" A voice echoes through the entire room as everyone stares at Sam, startled by the sheer loudness of his agitated voice. Vixen now completely focusing on the alive people within the room could only stare blankly at the floor confused.

~Vixen POV~
"Colby is tied to the story of this asylum..." I think out loud. Everyone, except Colby, look at Vixen confused. Colby only closes his eyes and winces at the information that has been spilled out from a rather strange and slightly untrustworthy stranger.

Silence overtakes the room as everyone waits for someone to break it. But the tension everyone felt was too much to comment through.

Hiss.

The entire group jumps as they hear the peculiar sound only to be completely overtaken by the sound of breaking glass as a small cylinder metal box flies through the large window in the room, falling only a few feet away from the group who almost instantly try covering themselves out of pure instinct assuming that the box was going to explode.

Their suspicions were deemed correct and within a few nanoseconds the whole room was filled with a thick putrid gas that burned their eyes. They all groaned and gasped in fear as they attempted to navigate their unrecognizable surroundings.

THUMP. THUMP. THUMP.

Huge thuds echoed through the room as masked, armed agents jumped into the room through the destroyed window, using long ropes with grappling hooks that were attached to the wooden stakes on the window frame. The masked men easily manoeuvred through the room and knocked out each and every member of the group including Vixen who was barely breathing from the horrendous beating one of the men gave him.

[•4 days later•]
~Colby POV~
"Eh...." I mumble under my breath as I try to remember what happened to me and how I ended up tied to a gurney in a windowless room.

The monitors beeping and blaring all around me made it difficult to think. But alas I still somehow managed to remember what happened....they beat us up until we were all barely conscious and then threw us in the back of huge black trucks.

"Finally awake I see..." A cold, distant voice echoed through the room as I instantly joleted up to get a clearer view of my surroundings, tugging on the restraints that tied me to the gurney, it wasn't painful just slightly uncomfortable.

Now fully aware of my surroundings I realised that there was more than just 2 people in the room there was an entire team of doctors and nurses and some other hooligans dressed up in all black clothing.

"Where am I? What did you do to my friends? Who are you?" I spoke in a calm yet frustrated manner as the person I was directing my words to looked at me with cynical amusement, clearly liking the fact that I was completely unaware of how things had gotten to this point.

Anger projected through my eyes bluntly as they pierced through the cold sneeringingly amused gaze of the person. "All will be answered in good time Cole. Do not worry about that just yet." The person said as they made their way toward me, instinctively causing me to move the other way when I suddenly felt a pinch in my arm. I looked to my right and realised that I had been injected with a needle...."crap....so dizzy....." I thought as I started dozing off.

[•5 hours later•]
~No Ones POV~
*cough-cough...wheezing*
Blood splattered onto the cold concrete floor where Vixen sat, his hands and his feet restrained behind him with heavy Iron chains. He was getting his ass handed to him by a bunch of rookie agents, how pathetic. But he-oh he didn't even care because the situation was hopeless- Ace was to arrive by tonight and there was no way the group could escape by then, after all they were in a secret base in the middle of a isolated desert.

Vixen was about to have a complete breakdown and kill all of the inexperienced rookies when he stopped. "Sahara..." he thought as he peered into the far right corner of the room he was in. She stood there with her finger to her lips, gesturing for hin to stay quiet before she mouthed for him to stay down. Hesitantly he obliged...after all it was still his first few times of experiencing paranornal activities.

A few agonising minutes passed as the three black haired rookies beat the shit out of Vixen some more and soon enough they had their fun and left him in the room all alone with Sahara who was still in the far right corner of the room. *Click*. The heavy metal doors lock then buzzed as the alarm re-set itself so it can go off in case Vixen attempts to escape.

~Vixen POV~
So even that way was impossible to go through. I sighed as I shook my head, nothing made sense...How did they find us so quickly? I made sure to leave my track clean. They couldn't have gotten to us through me...or Josh....so who was the one that was being tracked?

It most definitely wouldn't be anyone from the group...I mean come on they have literally no connection to the gang world...right?

"God this fucking debate isn't going to help me...us...get out of this shit show." I murmured before I groaned in frustration. I looked up at Sahara who was still in her corner. She looked at me eyes glowing with hope, something I know wouldn't be possible for a fucking spirit trapped in a mental asylum. "You're Colby's spirit guide aren't you?" I said as I blew my hair out of my face.

Sahara smiled slightly before she nodded, I sighed. "Well miss spirit guide how do I get them out of here? Alive that is." I said sarcasm spewing out, completely uncensored. Sahara's eyes grew cold as she looked at me with those piercing blue irises, that is totally not scary.

Sahara moved forward in my direction slowly. She knelt down in front of me and put her hand on to the metal gauntlets that covered my hands, instantly as if it had just been unlocked with a key the gauntlets flew open and released my hands. My arms fell to the floor as the numbness took over, this lasted a few moments before I re-gained most of my mobility in my arms. Soon I was completely free and was moving around the room trying to take away the remaining numbness.

~No one POV~
As Vixen paced around the room trying to figure out a plan Sahara disappeared. Having not noticed that Vixen continued to pace around the room. He turned around towards the door and saw Sahara standing there with a piece of paper. She handed it to Vixen, briefly causing there hands to touch, the bitter coolness of Sahara's hand contrasting with the subtle warmth of Vixen's hand caused a slight shiver to run down Vixen's back.

Vixen looked at the paper and looked back up at Sahara only to find out that  he was alone in the room. The papers importance worth the lives of 8 people at this point. Which meant it was either life or death.