Increasing Isolation-Part 2

⁓Seth POV⁓

Sam turns the camera off and we start making our way to the car, to get lunch before we start the actual investigation, which is such a good thing because I'm famished! We all get in the car the same seating plan as before. "Alright, so where do we go- McDonald's or KFC?" Nate asks as we all looked at him appalled. He just stares in front at the dirt road ahead. "McDonald's obviously!" We all say as he starts driving. It'll be about 15 minutes before we get there. "Colby hand me the aux cord." I say as I reach out for it. He laughs mischievously. "Nope." Colby states as he whips away the cord attaching it to his phone. He sticks out his tongue at me. "Real mature Colby." We all say laughing. He starts playing his depressing heartfelt playlist as we groan at the sadness flowing through the car. We do like the songs but not to the degree that Colby does. He is literally just belting the song as if he's a fucking record. 

We make it to McDonald's. Colby and Josh go inside to order.

⁓Josh POV⁓

Me and Colby go inside the teams order's in mind. There's a small cue at the order till. I stand in line as Colby stands off to the side looking at his phone. The small cue is taking a rather large amount of time to end. "Finally my turn! " I think to myself as I walk up to the cashier. I start giving the order. I turn around to look at Colby who is now having a conversation with an old woman. "Weird." "Alright, will that be all for you today sir?" the cashier asks grabbing my attention. I smile and nod. "Okay, thank you for coming to McDonald's your order will be ready in 15 minutes." I smile and walk out of the line to Colby. Who is still engrossed in the conversation with this stranger, I look at him and he looks...horrified?

I barely even think about what I'm going to do as I make my way to him and the lady who pays no attention to me when I finally make it to them. I put my hand on Colby's shoulder, he looks up at me startled. The lady finally notices me and slowly walks away, out of the building. I look at Colby who is now trembling whilst hugging himself. "Colby who was That? What did they say?" I ask turning him towards me. He didn't answer. I sigh. He suddenly hugs me and I immediately hug back.

"Hey, Colbs it's okay. It's okay." I say rubbing his back. After a good 5 minute hug he lets go and looks up at me and says: "Don't tell anyone about this please, I'll tell you when we get to the asylum." I was about to protest but the cashier said that our order was ready so I just look at him and nod. We get the take out and walk straight out of the building towards the car. I keep an unnoticeable look out for the lady. We finally make it. We give out the orders to their rightful owners, once were done we start eating. I take the passenger seat next to Nate, who looks at me confused, but shrugs it off. Thank God!

⁓No one POV⁓

The team talked about the asylum, past videos, memories and the plan for the investigation. Once they are all done eating, they start making their way to the asylum, it had already been almost 2 hours since their arrival at McDonald's. Nate drives onto the dirt toad and Seth steals the aux cord and attaches it to his phone ready to play his upbeat and happier playlist when he notices Colby's home screen which Colby has been staring at for the past 10 minutes:

 Nate drives onto the dirt toad and Seth steals the aux cord and attaches it to his phone ready to play his upbeat and happier playlist when he notices Colby's home screen which Colby has been staring at for the past 10 minutes:

Seth smirks devilishly as he plays a cheesy romantic song about friends being in love with one another. Everyone including Sam looks at Seth confused at the song choice. They look at one another judging each and every emotion being displayed by one another. Colby nudges Seth harshly making Seth wince slightly as he stops the song. He laughs nervously as Colby glares at him. "I swear to god, I will rip your eyes out and play marbles with them." Colby whispers in Seth's ear whilst smiling innocently. Seth gulps as he just plays his previously chosen playlist.

Everyone jams to the songs and have a fun time talking over the loud music about all the fun things they'll do once the video is uploaded and they vacation in England for the new year. After 15 minutes they finally make it to the asylum. The car is parked near the back entrance so they can easily get to it when and if they want to leave at any point during the investigation. They had brought blankets just in case it got unbearably cold inside the asylum. Which was still in decent shape as it had been taken care of for a long time, it was established to be used for paranormal investigations due to its hauntings but due to recent complains of the bitter cold weather of the building and surrounding area the owner installed windows, doors and heaters in the main area, the lobby. The other areas of the building was left untouched. The entire team was also taught how to turn the heaters on and off alongside how to open and close the doors and windows behind them just to see if they could find any open by any chance. 

The team starts getting equipment out. Amanda had three music boxes. Mackie held three spirit boxes and noise-cancelling headphones. Seth held the main camera and the thermal imager. Nate had the tripod stands for all three cameras. Sam held 2 rempod's whilst Josh held the third one. Colby had the last two cameras hanging in there designated bags over his shoulder. Josh locks the car up and checks to see if it is fully locked before they make their way to the backdoor:

 Josh locks the car up and checks to see if it is fully locked before they make their way to the backdoor: