00

Eve Swan stood on Jared Cameron's porch gaining time courage to knock on the door.

Three weeks

That's how long her best friend has been ignoring her. Not once has he answered a phone call or a text that she sent him.

And finally after three weeks of sitting and wondering what the hell she did to upset him, she got the courage to drive down to La Push.

Eve took a deep breath and knocked on the front door hard. She knew his mom wasn't home because her car wasn't in their driveway.

"Go away!"

"Answer the damn door!" Eve yells back.

The door opens slightly and Eve felt her heart stop when she saw Jared. She could tell his hair was shorter and that he grew a good few inches then the last time she saw him.

"Why have you been ignoring me?" Eve asks trying her best to hold it together.

"I havent." Jared says his eyes glued to the ground.

"You haven't responded to me in three weeks. Three weeks Jared." Eve says heartbroken.

"I'm busy."

"To busy to text your best friend?" Eve asks.

"Yes, now go home Eve."

Is all Jared said before closing his front door.

Anger flowed through Eve and she started to bang on the door again.

"You know if you don't want to be friends anymore the least you can do is tell it to my fucking face!" Eve yells.

Tears welled up in her eyes and she tried her hardest to hold them back.

"You're my best friend Jared, what can I do go make it right?" Eve cried quietly but Jared heard every word, his heart breaking just as much as hers.

But he couldn't be friends with her anymore, Sams rules. He couldn't risk hurting her or putting her in situations where she could get hurt.

"Jared please." Eve begged as a small sob left her mouth.

"I love you, please. Please just come out." Eve cried and Jared bit his lip to hold back a sob as a few tears streamed down his face.

He loved her so much

So so much

That he is willing to let her go to keep her safe.

"Go home Eve!" Jared managed to yell.

"If I leave I'm not coming back, and we won't... we won't be friends anymore." Eve states and Jared remained quiet.

Eve stood on the porch for five minutes before she knew that he wasn't coming out. He didn't want to fix what they had, he didn't want her.

"Goodbye Jared. Hope you have a nice life." Eve says holding back another sob before running to her car and driving away.

Jared fell to the ground his knees to his chest while he let out a sob. He loved her so much that this was the worst pain he had ever felt in his life.

"I'm sorry." Paul whispers sitting down beside his new friend letting Jared cry against his shoulder.

"I love her." Jared cries while Paul listens.

"I love her so much but I can't... I can't have her."

"I know, I'm sorry Jare." Paul whispers and the room became quiet, only Jared's cries filling the room.