21

Three weeks

Three weeks ago was the last time Eve had talked to her sister, the last time she saw her sister, the last time she knew Bella was alive.

Eve tried not to think about Bella, but it was hard when her dad has been calling her the past week and a half if she's heard from Bella. It hurt Eve lying to her dad, it hurt her so much, but she knew that she couldn't tell him the truth. It was safer if he didn't know the truth.

"Dad, I haven't heard from her. I'm sure her and Edward are just busy living life as newly weds." Eve lies over the phone.

She was currently sitting on her living room couch, her knees pulled to her chest and a blanket over them to keep her warm. She didn't need the blanket to be honest, it gave her more comfort than it did warmth.

"Maybe I'll try the Cullens again." Charlie mumbles off making Eve hold in a sigh.

"Okay, I have to go Dad. Love you." Eve whispers before hanging up the phone.

She tosses her phone to the other side of the couch with a frown on her face. Jared gave Eve a sad smile walking over to her pressing a gentle kiss to her forehead before sitting down. He grabbed her legs placing them over his lap as he looked at her.

"I hate this." Eve whispers.

"I know baby, but you can't tell him the truth." Jared says taking one of her hands with his playing with her fingers.

"Is she back?" Eve asks Jared knowing that the wolves have been trying to figure that out.

"No, not yet." Jared says not fully knowing the truth or not.

"Do you think I was to harsh with her?" Eve asks and Jared shakes his head.

"No baby, you only ever said what needed to be said. She went into it without thinking of anyone but herself." Jared says gently and Eve sighs closing her eyes and resting her head against the pillow on the couch.

Eve knew that Bella had to have been turned or else she would be returning their dads calls, and the thought made Eve want to throw up. Eve didn't know the appeal of wanting to live forever and the only way to survive is by drinking blood. Eve couldn't imagine never going to the beach again or not wanting to grow old instead of staying young and watching everyone you love die.

"Do you want to go to the beach today?" Jared asks gently and Eve shook her head making Jared frown.

"You can't stay in and be anxious all day, you need to do something." Jared says gently and Eve looks at him knowing he was right, but she would never admit that.

"No." Is all she says and Jared roll his eyes knowing that she agreed with him but would never admit it.

"Let's at least go to Sam's." Jared says standing up making Eve groan shaking her head. Jared smirks as an idea pops in his head, Eve looks at him and her eyes widen when she was thrown over his shoulder.

"Jared!" Eve yells shocked not fighting it because she knew that Jared over powered her in a landslide.

It didn't take long for Jared to carry Eve all the way to Sam and Emily's house, which was great for Eve because her stomach started to get uncomfortable with Jared's shoulder digging into it.

When they made it to Sams and Emily's she glared at her fiancé as he smiled at her like he didn't force her out of the house.

"Eve!" Emily yells hugging the girl tightly making Eve laugh and hug Emily back.

"Have you heard anything?" Emily asks pulling away from Eve. A frown appears on Eves face and she shakes her head.

"My dad keeps calling, even if she's a vampire the least she can do is call." Eve says walking inside with Emily and Jared, only Paul and Sam were here. Eve was thankful, she doesn't feel up to being around so many people.

"I'm sure she's just getting... acquainted." Emily says trying to be nice, but Eve felt she didn't have to try. She was angry at her sister and the choices she made. She chose a boy she knew for little over a year over her own family, she chose to become a blood sucking monster than to grow old with the people who loved her.

Jared and Eve stayed at the Uley house for a few more hours until the couple decided it was best to go home. Eve was on Jared's back letting him carry her back to their home, she was starting to get tired and her bed sounded very nice.

Jared stopped walking almost as if he was in a trance causing Eve to frown. She got off his back and walked around to stare at him, his face kept making different emotions making her anxious, something wasn't right. After a few seconds Jared looked at Eve shocked.

"What?" Eve asks and Jared didn't say anything he just picked her up and threw her over his shoulder, again.

When they got back to the house Jared ran out telling her to not go outside. She frowned and sat on the couch trying to think about what could be wrong. Maybe it was vampire related? But it was only the Cullens in town so how could it possibly be that?

It was a few hours before Jared came back and she stood up staring at him waiting for him to explain to her what was going on.

"What is it?" Eve asks looking at her fiancé. She noticed how Jared seemed hesitant to tell her what he wanted to tell her. She could see the mental battle going on in his head but he just disappeared for hours on end so he had to tell her.

"Bella's alive." Jared says and Eve went to open her mouth to say that yes she is alive, only colder and has a thirst for blood but before she could Jared rambled out his next sentence.

"And she's pregnant."