14

"When we were five they asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up, our answers were president, doctor, or in my case a princess." Jessica Stanley says proudly.

Eve was playing with Jared's fingers bored out of her mind, she hated graduations. She fell asleep at hers when she was graduating because it was so boring.

"You look so bored." Jared whispers to her holding back a laugh.

"That's because I am, this is boring." Eve complains.

"Knock it off." Charlie says to the two and they nod their heads.

Eve looks down at Jared's hand and fiddles with his ring finger, she could imagine seeing a ring on his hand. Telling the world that he was hers and no one's else's.

"Soon baby." Jared whispers to her making her blush.

"Change your mind, then change it again because nothing is permanent." Jessica finished and everyone claps for the girl, expect Eve she was trying not to fall asleep on Jared.

Soon the ceremony actually started and graduates names start being called through the microphone.

"How many times do you think the Cullens have graduated?" Eve asks Jared quietly so no one else could hear.

"Probably a hundred." Jared whispers back.

"Actually only ten times." Carlisle says leaning forward to the two twenty year olds making their cheeks heat up embarrassed that he heard them.

"Isabella Swan."

Eve and Charlie stood up clapping loudly for the youngest Swan making the girl shake her head at them.

"Quick the camera." Eve says to her dad and Charlie quickly starts taking as many photos as he could.

Once the ceremony was over, Bella walked with her family out of the gym. Jared's hand held onto Eves tightly as they walked side by side.

"I'm so proud of you Bells. I can't wait to see what you do next. You're my second biggest accomplishment." Charlie says making Eve smile at her dads words.

"Dads that's not true..." Bella says embarrassed.

"Yeah it is, you'll see when you have kids." Charlie says and Eve felt a wave of sadness fill her.

Her sisters never going to be able to have kids, because she won't be alive. Her dads not going to be able to see what Bella does next because he's going to think she's dead.

Jared noticed the change in Eves emotions and he sighs kissing the side of her head hoping to get her out of her head.

"Are you guys coming to the party?" Bella asks Jared and Eve who both shake their heads.

"No, I have to work."
"And I promised Seth I would spend some time with him now that schools out." Eve explains and Bella gives them a small smile.

"But you have fun and be safe." Eve says quickly.

"Thanks."

•••

"So Jared proposed?" Seth asks Eve.

The two were playing call of duty on Seth's PlayStation and Eve pauses the game to look at him.

"How do you know that?" She asks confused.

"Mind telepathy, we hear everyone's thoughts once we shift." Seth says tapping his head making Eve nod her head pursing her lips.

"So you know when we..."

"No stop." Seth says shaking his head making Eve laugh.

"Out of politeness to the imprints we simply ignore those thoughts." Seth says making Eve laugh harder at his red cheeks.