16

Two words, that's all it takes for your life to be turned upside down. Just two words can make your life go from happy to hell within a millisecond.

Thirty minutes earlier

"You have to stop." Sue says holding onto Eves shoulders making her stop her pacing.

"It's almost nightfall, why aren't they back yet?" Eve asks concerned.

For fifteen hours she has been at Sue Clearwaters house waiting for the guys to return. Fifteen hours of constant worry and anxiety not knowing whether or not everyone was okay.

"They will be back soon." Sue says gently trying to calm the girl down.

"Something doesn't feel right, something hasn't felt right the minute Jacob told me about the battle." Eve rants.

There was this lingering pain in her stomach that wasn't going away, it worried her because she felt like something was wrong, she knew in her gut something was going to go wrong.

"It's your anxiety." Emily says to the girl and Eve shakes her head.

"No, no my anxiety doesn't feel like this." Eve says sadly and the girls sigh looking at her worriedly.

Eve knew she sounded crazy, but it was like she had an intuition that something was going to happen. There was no way something couldn't happen. The guys were off fighting new born vampires with the Cullens what was right with that scenario?

"How about you sit down, I'll make you some tea?" Sue suggests and Eve sighs sitting on the couch beside Emily.

Eve felt guilty feeling the way she did, she couldn't imagine what Emily was feeling right now. Her imprint and family were also fighting this battle. Eve felt selfish thinking that she was the only one worried.

"I'm sorry." Eve whispers and Emily wraps an arm around the girl pulling her to her side.

The two sat quietly holding onto each other tightly. They were all each other had at the moment and they were going to take full advantage of it.

Sue returned with a warm cup of tea handing it to Eve who took it with a thankful smile. She didn't realize she was shaking until she grabbed the cup, the heat of the tea helped calm her shaking slightly.

The phone started to ring making Emily and Eves heads perk up anxiously. Sue rushed to the phone answering it quickly.

At this moment Eve wished she had werewolf hearing abilities. She wished she could hear who was talking to Sue, and she wished she could hear what they were saying.

"Oh god." Sue whispers but Eve heard it.

Emily and Eve shared a nervous look and Eves grip tightened against the tea cup as she bit her lip nervously.

"Yes of course. We will be there as quick as we can." Sue finishes hanging up the phone.

Eve watched as Sue rested her head against the wall before she turned around the face the two.

"We have to get to Pauls." Sue says.

"Why?" Emily asks confused.

Sue looks at Eve sadly and the Swan girl shakes her head tears welling up in her eyes.

"No." Eve whispers shaking her head.

"No." Her voice cracked and Emily looked at Eve sadly knowing what Sue meant by looking at her.

"We have to go Evie." Emily whispers of the girl and Eve shakes her head quickly the tear snow streaming down her face.

"No." She cries not wanting to face the truth.