10

The next morning Eve sat on the kitchen counter of Emily's house with a cup of coffee in her hands while Emily was making the girl breakfast.

Jared dropped her off an half an hour ago, he was going out with the Jacob to check out her house again, apparently the Cullens also wanted their help since the vampire was really there for Bella. The others were in the woods trying to see if they can keep tracking whoever was in her room.

"It's going to be okay." Emily says gently, Eve looks down to see her hands shaking; she didn't even realize they were shaking.

"I just want Jared back here." Eve whispers and Emily gives her a sad smile.

"I know." Emily says setting down a plate of French toast down for the girl.

"But for now come eat." Emily suggests.

Eve nods her head and sits at the kitchen table slowly eating the breakfast that Emily had made for her while Emily joined her.

"They won't get hurt right?" Eve asks and Emily looks at her, "if they find that vampire?" Eve finished and Emily gives her a small smile.

"They will be alright, they are strong."

"I can't loose him Em." Eve whispered tears welling up in her eyes.

"Eve honey..."

"I cant, when he... when he first shifted and couldn't talk to me I felt like hell.  Like the only person who ever understood me hated me, and now... now I am so deathly terrified that I'll loose him forever." Eve cries making Emily stand up and pull the girl into a tight hug.

"Why does this have to be our life?" Eve cries and Emily holds her tight knowing exactly what was going through her head.

Emily also had the thoughts that Eve was having right now, and Emily was sure that the thoughts started to get worse after last night after what she went through.

"You're not going to loose him, I swear to you." Emily whispers and Eve nods her head.

"How about you go watch a movie? Maybe take a nap, you look tired." Emily suggests and Eve nods her head wiping the tears away from her cheeks.

Eve lays down on the couch in the living room pulling one of the blankets over her letting out a sigh. She turns on a random movie before her eyes became to heavy and closed.

•••

Jared walks into Sam and Emily's house annoyed at Jacob. Why would he offer their services to help protect Bella? They needed to protect Eve, the actual person who loves them.

His annoyance quickly vanished when he saw Eves sleeping figure on the couch. He smiles gently leaning down kissing her forehead before walking into the kitchen.

"How long has she been asleep?" Jared asks Emily.

"An hour or so."

"Is she doing okay?" Jared asks and Emily nods her head.

"She is." Emily says, she didn't want Jared to worry about Eve more than he already is at this point.

"Did you find anything at the house?" Emily asks and Jared sighs shaking his head.

"No, Edward was there so his scent threw off the other one. Hopefully the guys find something." Jared says sitting at the table putting his head in his hands sighing.

"They will." Emily says resting a hand on his shoulder.

"No! No get away from me!"

Jared bolts from his seat and runs into the living room seeing Eve thrash around on the couch.

"Evie wake up!" Jared yells grabbing his imprints arms trying to hold her still.

"Eve!"

A sob left Eves mouth as her eyes open making Jared pull her into his arms hugging her tightly.

"It's okay, you're okay." Jared whispers kissing the top of her head while she cries.

"Does this look like doing okay Emily?" Jared asks frustrated to Emily and she shakes her head trying her best not to cry.

"I'm sorry." Eve cries and Jared shushes her combing his fingers through her hair slowly rocking her.

"You're okay." Jared whispers Shia head resting against hers, a few tears escaping his eyes.

"It's all going to be okay." He continued holding onto her tighter.

He couldn't explain the amount of guilt and pain he was feeling. He had dropped her off, he should have sensed that vampire, he should have known. And he almost lost her, he could've lost her last night if she didn't wake up.

Jared didn't know what he would do if he ever lost her.

"You're hurting me." Eve whispers and Jared quickly loosens the grip that he had on her.

"I'm sorry." Jared apologizes and Eve frowns seeing his tears on his cheeks.

She reaches up and wipes them away leaning up kissing his cheek gently making him sigh.

"I love you." Eve whispers making skated kiss her gently. His hand on her cheek pulling her closely to him.

"I love you more." He whispered back to her nusseling his face in her neck placing a gentle kiss on the base of it.

The front door opens and all the other guys come rushing in quickly making Jared pull away from her neck giving the guys a small smile while Eve closes her eyes since she was still tired.

"Jacob talking to Sam?" Jared asks and Quill nods his head.

"Yeah he's pissed." Quill states with a smirk.

"That's what he gets for signing us up for safety patrol." Paul grumbles sitting in the couch besides the couple.

"What are you guys mad about?" Eve mumbles tiredly.

"We have to help patrol more around your dads to help the Cullens out." Jared whispers of her and Eve frowns looking at Jared.

"You guys? Helping the Cullens?" She asks and Jared nods his head.

"Yes, now go to sleep." He says running his fingers through her hair making her sigh and rest her head on his chest again letting sleep take over her.

"I'm surprised you're alive." Jared says to Jacob who walks in annoyed with Sam following behind him.

"We are going to split up the patrols with ours, two of us on patrol at a time four rounds through out the night everyone working one." Sam says to all the werewolves making them groan.

"Thanks a lot simpy." Embry says to Jacob making him roll his eyes.

"Shut up, this is to protect a human. Something we are sworn to do." Jacob says making them all scoff.

"You're lucky she's Eves sister, otherwise I wouldn't agree to this." Sam says walking over to Emily.

"Can we go home? It's to loud here." Eve asks Jared and he nods his head standing up with her in his arms.

"Yeah we'll go home and cuddle." Jared whispers to her making her hum quietly.

"Bye guys."

"Bye!"

Please check out/follow my Pinterest :)
https://pin.it/7k5qwv6