01

"Harry Clearwater is dead."

Were the four words that made Eve Swan drop everything in Seattle and rush back home to Forks.

Eve was close to the Clearwater family, growing up with her dad she was always involved with the fishing and camping trips with the Clearwaters and Blacks. They all came over very Sunday during football season to watch the games.

So when Eves dad called her she knew she had to go home.

For the past two years, the only other times Eve has gone back to Forks were for holidays, but even then they were short. She didn't want to be reminded of all the places that reminded her of Jared. It hurt to much.

"Eve." She says pulling the blonde into a tight hug.

Eve sighs hugging Sue back tightly knowing the older woman needed a hug.

"Hi Sue." Eve says pulling away.

"Come in, everyone is in the kitchen or backyard." Sue says moving aside for Eve to walk into the familiar home.

Eve followed Sue into the kitchen where she was quickly hugged by Leah. The older Clearwater was like a sister to Eve and she hugged the older girl back tightly.

"I'm so happy you're here." Leah cried quietly.

"Of course, I wouldn't miss this." Eve says as Leah pulled away wiping her tears.

"You're dad is outside, have you seen him yet?" Leah asks and Eve shakes her head.

"No, I'll go out and see him now." Eve says and Leah gives her a sad smile nodding her head.

Eve walks outside and before she could find her dad a loud shout fills her ears.

"Eve!"

Eve was quickly tackled into a hug by Seth Clearwater. The fifteen year old squeezing the life out of her making her laugh lightly hugging him back.

"Hi Sethy." Eve states enjoying the warm embrace.

But the shout from Seth gained the attention of the shapeshifters who were further down the yard, or more importantly Jared's attention.

"She's here." Jared whispers making Jacob glare at him.

"No, stay away from her." Jacob says and Jared almost growled at him if it wasn't for Sam resting a hand on his shoulder.

"Now is not the time." Sam says sternly and the others quickly agreed before dispersing away.

"How long are you back?" Seth asks letting go of Eve.

"As long as you want Sethy." Eve says making a wide smile appear on his face for the first time in the last 48 hours.

"Looks like you're never leaving." Charlie Swan says walking over giving his daughter a side hug and a kiss on the head.

"Wouldn't you like that." Eve says and Charlie nods his head.

"Where's Bella?" Eve asked and Charlie shook his head while Seth took the opportunity to leave.

"I'll explain later, I'm happy you could make it honey." Charlie says quietly and Eve gave him a sad smile.

"I wish I could've gotten here for the funeral." Eve says sadly and Charlie sighs.

"You're here now, that's all that matters." Charlie says gently.

"How long are you staying?" Charlie asked and Eve gave him a small smile.

"Hoping for at least a month. Seattle life was starting to get boring anyways." Eve says shrugging making Charlie hug her again.

"I've missed you honey."

"I've missed you too dad." Eve whispered.

When Charlie left to help Sue, Eve stood by the fireplace trying to take a minute to herself.

She didn't realize how much a post funeral could drain you until today. Seth had been clinging to her side for as long as he could until Leah dragged him away.

"How long are you back?"

Eve closed her eyes at the familiar voice filled her ears.

"You don't deserve to know." Eve says and Jared sighs standing next to her.

"Eve..."

"Don't. Please Jare, now is not the time. We just lost someone very important to us, and I can't..." Eve tried but her throat closed up making Jared worried for her.

Eve turns to look into Jared's eyes and he felt his heart stop. Everything pulled him to her and he knew she was the only person that was meant for him. He just imprinted on her, at a Fucking wake.

"I can't do this right now." Eve says breaking Jared out of his trance.

"I'm sorry." Jared whispered and Eve sighs holding back the tears.

"Eve come on, mom said you can sleep in my room." Leah says walking over knowing that Eve wanted an escape.

"I already told Seth I'm staying in his room." Eve says giving Leah a thankful look and Jared had to hold back a growl.

"Goodbye Jare." Eve says before Leah dragged her away making Jared shoulders fall.

Paul walks up to his friend resting a hand on his shoulder giving it a supportive squeeze.

"She's my imprint." Jared whispered and Pauls eyes widen.

"And she's hates me."