baylee

My absolute best friend baylee came down for the weekend to help me get ready for the dance at the hospital and I couldn't be more nervous. what would she think about Damian? About the dress? Would she accept our relationship?

*DING DONG* *DING DONG*
The doorbell interrupts my thoughts and I know it must be Baylee.

I swing open the door and scream

"Ahhhhhh oh my god I've missed you so much!!!"

I wrap my arms around her neck and we jump around and cry because we've missed each other. I step back and wipe the tear away from my eye and laugh

"Wow you look so different. you're hair is so much longer and it brown! Nice choice it really suits you!" I say

"Oh thanks I was a little nervous about what you would think about it. you look different as well I must say. much happier actually. I need to meet this boy that's making you all happy!"

My stomach drops a little because I haven't told her that he has terminal cancer. most people would think I'm just setting myself up for a horrible heartbreak. would she think the same?

"Uh yeah sure you can meet him tomorrow before the dance! tonight is about us we need to go crazy like old times!"

I laugh and motion for her to come into the house. we go into my room and she sets down her bags on the floor.

"Oh my fuck Blair who the hell is that gorgeous son of a bitch next door?! Holy damn that 6 pack makes me drool the things I would do to that boy-"

"That boy is my boyfriend actually." I cut her off before she says anything else.

"Him?! Omg awkward for me to say that oops sorry but damn Blair you did good. really good."

"Yeah he's kinda amazing. he makes me really happy. I love him"

She turns around and smiles at me.

"I wish you guys the best"

"Thanks baylee"
I smile and hug her again.

"But I should probably tell you something.."

"What is it?"

I take a deep breath trying to figure out how I would tell her that my boyfriend Is a walking dead man.

"Come one Blair you know you can tell me anything"

"Uh-okay-well uh you see the thing is that uh Damian is-has c-cancer that's uh terminal and he doesn't umm have much time left to uh live. yeah" okay that came out worse than I wanted it to.

I look down at the floor waiting for her response

"Thats beautiful" she responded

"Wait what is? That he has cancer?!"

"No no no of course not what's beautiful is that you can give him the kind of love that people search their whole lives just to have a glimpse of that love. he can have that with you before he goes. that's what beautiful Blair. what you're doing for him is absolutely beautiful"

I feel the tears returning.

"I -I never even thought of it that way."

She pulled me into a hug and whispered to me.

"That's the beauty of it. you can give someone so much love and not even realize it because the love is so strong it makes you crazy sick with desire"

I hug her back even tighter. I love this girl so much.

Now let's get this girls night started!