Caring

"Wake up sleepy head" I whisper in Damian's ear.

He groans and throws the pillow over his head. I poke my head through an opening and start to kiss on his neck. He moans and flips me over in one quick move. My hair is crazily placed on my face and he moves a stand and kisses my forehead.

"Hi there" he says and smiles.

"Hi" I whisper. He leans down and kisses me, and look back up at me.

"Can I ask you something?" He says with concern in his voice.

"Anything"

"We'll I have to go to chemo tomorrow and I was wondering. W-would you go with me?"

"Of course. Just let me get somewhat ready and ill meet you downstairs in 20 minutes?"

"Great see you then" he kisses me once more, jumps off the bed and goes out the window.

I look through my closet and look for something to wear. Jeans? Or something comfy? Defiantly comfy!

I decide on some black vs sweatpants and a black v-neck shirt and white Toms. I put my hair in a messy braid and go downstairs. I grab my keys.

I go outside and see Damian leaning on my car. Wearing the same thing as me.

"You stole my look" I laugh. He turns around and starts to laugh to.

"We'll would you look at that. Looks like we're twinning today" he laughs.

I get in the drivers seat and we drive to the hospital. We pull up into the parking lot and park. For some odd reason I felt nervous, almost scared. We walk across the lot and about halfway to the door I feel Damian move his hand into mine.

"Don't be scared B. I can tell, don't worry everything will be okay. Trust me"

I smiled in smashed my lips onto his.

"When I'm with you I have nothing to be afraid of" I mumble against his lips.

He wraps his hands around my waist and we walk into the hospital.

The air brushes my face as we walk in and I'm momentarily taken back by the scenery. People everywhere. Children, teens, adults, old people. Everywhere sitting in chairs bald. I try my hardest not to cry, it's so sad seeing all these people with the life threatening diseases not knowing if they'll live till the next day.

"Don't cry please" Damian whispers in my ear. I hadn't even noticed that I was crying.

"W-what? I'm not crying" I chuckle and quickly wipe the tear away. Nice one Blair. Nice one

"Okay.. Are you ready?"

"Ready"

We walk to where there are two chairs available and we sit down. I watch as the nurse puts the needle into his arm. He turns away and closed his eyes as she gets everything ready.

He looks at me worriedly as he takes his wig off and puts his hat on.

"I almost forgot" I said as I looked at the wig. " it looks so real"

"Yeah me to,but damn is it itchy" we both laugh.

"It it painful?" I ask hoping I don't overstep a boundary.

"Sometimes. Some days are worse than others. Sometimes I don't even feel anything at all. It's kinda weird."

He starts to cough and I can tell he's gonna be sick. I grab the bucket next to him and quickly hand it to him. He throws up and leans his head back on the chair.

"I'm guessing today's gonna the worse" I whisper as I wipe his mouth.

The nurse comes to us a little while later and starts to unhook everything.

"Alright Damian you're good to go. I'm just gonna go get a wheelchair and then you Can leave."

She comes back and we both help Damian up. I roll him outside to my car and carefully set him in there.

"I'll be right back I'm just gonna go give this back to the nurse, are you feeling okay?"

"Okay. And I've been better. I'm just really tired."

"Okay I'll hurry"

I go back into the hospital and find the nurse.

"Here you go" I say as I hand her the chair.

"Thank you. Um before you leave do you mind telling me you're name?"

"Oh it's Blair. It's nice to meet you"

She looks at me and smiles. "We'll Blair my names Brenda. It's very nice to meet you. Are you Damian's girlfriend?"

I look at the older woman for a couple minutes before saying yes.

"We'll I don't know what you've done to him Blair, but you've changed him. I can tell, when he comes in for these he's usually so hectic.but he's calm with you. I don't don't what it is but even though you two are young, there is this love there like no other."

I wanted to cry at what she said. That's was probably the nicest thing anyone has ever said.

"Thank you. I don't know what to say." I smile

"You're welcome. I hope you two stay together for a really long time, have a nice day." She smiles and walks away

If only that could actually happen. Damian doesn't have much longer.

I walk out to the car to see Damian going through the radio stations.

"What took so long?" He asks still concentrating on the radio.

"Oh a uh... A friend just gave me a good talk"

"A good talk?"

"Yeah I really needed it" I look out the window and smile slightly.

"Hey before we go home can we get something to eat I'm starving" yes thank you for asking!! I've been starving ever since we got here.

"Yes!"

"I know the perfect place to go just follow my directions" we drive around town for about 10 minutes till we reach a small little restaurant. It's hidden behind many things so I probably wouldn't have even known about it if it wasn't for Damian.

"Two please"

"Oh and can we have the garden seat?" Damian asks

"Of course right this way" the old man said.

He leads out into a little patio with flowers everywhere. It's absolutely gorgeous, there are all kinds of flowers, roses, tulips, daises, and so much more.

"Wow, this is-"

"Gorgeous I know right. This is were my grandma always took me. "

"Took?"

"Yeah, she died about a year ago" he looks away and I can tell this is not a subject he wants to discuss.

"Oh I'm sorry. I'll drop it I know you don't wanna talk about it. Let's just have a fun day today no said things. Deal?"
He looks at me and smiles.

"Deal"

**********************************************************************+*******

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR 500 READS!!! I DIDNT THINK THAT THE STORY WOULD GET THAT MANY READS HONESTLY. I HOPE YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER