chapter 7 - meet

Alex POV

I wanted to protect him however when I got to the guy's house and there was no sign of my mate, I couldn't sense him anywhere around here.

I walked around town and stepped into a few different places. Like dinners and bars, hoping to see him. Just long enough to know if he got hurt at all.

However, no matter where I looked I couldn't find him. It was already starting to get dark and I had no idea where he was. Deciding to look in the woods to see if there was any way he could be there I walked around the trees and switched my eyes to my wolf ones so I could actually see where I was going.

I was in the middle of the woods but I couldn't see him anywhere so I turned around and started to walk back when I heard some footsteps. Moving behind a tree I peeked around only to see my mate stripping his clothes.

I was going to come out and say hi but then I saw something that made my skin boil. His body was covered in bruises and he looked to be in a lot of pain. I watched as he shifted and he was beautiful.

He had black fur and he was a good size for a wolf. His eyes were different colors. His left eye was blue and his right eye was red. His black fur was beautiful and reflected the light of the moon making it look like he had a blue tint to his fur.

I walked forward and shifted enough for me to talk to his wolf. I asked for his name but all I got was him backing away. I'm not going to lie, it kind of hurts when he backs away. He moved behind a tree and then I saw my mate's face appear from behind a tree.

He kept his eyes shifted so he could see in the dark. "what's your name?" I asked as his legs wobbled a bit and I became worried that he was getting weak from the energy it takes to shift.

"Zach," he mumbled before he slid down and then fell over onto the ground. I ran to him and he was completely blacked out from the lack of energy. I wanted to help him. So I picked him up and put him in his pants then carried him to my car.

...

I got back to my place and carried him to the couch in the living room and noticed that since he was still in his human form he had some energy if he was maintaining his form. I soon realized that he started to shift again so I took his pants off before they could get ripped.

I watched the black wolf come back and curl up into a ball on the couch. I sat next to him and patted his fur waiting for him to wake up.

...

I had at some point drifted to sleep and when I woke the wolf was still asleep with his head in my lap. I began to stroke his fur again and he moved around and woke up. I looked into the different eyes and changed my own so I could talk to him

"will you tell me your name now?" I asked, waiting for an answer.

"Elijah"

His name was amazing and it rang in my head over and over again. I got up from the couch and shifted into my white wolf with green eyes. Elijah came down off the couch to meet Kai. My wolf. His wolf sniffed my fur and his tail started to wag back and forth.

I did the same and he smelled amazing. It made me a bit excited. Elijah jumped on the couch and lay down. I quickly joined him and we just cuddled for what felt like a long time. However, when Elijah jumped down I felt that we hadn't been together long enough.

He shifted and I was Zach in front of me his body was still really bruised. He got up and grabbed his clothes heading for the door.

"where are you going?" I asked as I followed him out of the house.

"home. I have my siblings I need to get back to." he has siblings I didn't know that.

" I'll drive you. " I said as I got the keys from the coffee table and walked to the door leaving the house. We got in the car and headed for his place and the car was filled with silence, other than Zach giving me directions to his place.

When I parked the car we got out and I followed Zach up the building stairs. He unlocked the apartment door and we both walked in. It was morning now but it was still rather early. I watched as Zach walked into a room and then he came out and walked into another room.

I didn't understand at first but then I did when I saw a girl around her mid-teens come out. A few minutes later a little boy came out of the other room rubbing his eyes.

The little boy shifted his eyes and teeth like he was ready to defend his family from me, I chuckled a bit. He was so little and had probably just learned how to shift. It was cute. "Zachy who is he?" the little kid asked.

"calm down Rei. He's a friend hurry and get ready I got to get you and Katherine to school" Zach said walking out of the kitchen with two pieces of toast with chocolate on them.

So the kids' name is Rei and then the girl's name is Katherine. This family is very interesting. I watched them get ready but there was one thought that kept traveling through my head. I tried to get rid of it because I didn't want to ask such a personal question. But it kept coming up,

Where were their parents?