Chapter 20 - time to come back

Alex POV

I followed Elijah through the small forest until we came upon a small house. It looked run down like it was going to fall apart any minute. As soon as the house was visible a scream came from ahead of us. We all rushed to the house as Elijah was trying his best to hide his pain. As we moved into the house I hated what I saw. Zach was laying on the ground with blood surrounding him as he lay passed out. I almost started to cry. I moved to grab him but my arms just went through his body like a ghost.

"You touch him. it jacks up the memory of the past. You can only talk so we just have to wait for him to wake up before we'll be able to talk to him." Elijah said as he took a seat on the floor beside Zach and just waited. I noticed Zack looked all of 10 years old maybe.

a few minutes later I noticed Zack start to move around a bit and his eyes soon started to open. It took him some time to realize who we are and where he was. "What are you guys here?" Zach asked as his voice came out much higher and younger. I almost started to 'aww' at how cute he was but held back for the sake of the situation.

"We need you to come back," I said as I leaned back against the wall.

"why would I ever come back. I deserve to be here and here I will stay." He said not moving from his position on the floor. Zach's body was covered in the blood even the side of his face was soaked in the thick red substance.

"You don't deserve this please come back." I pleaded but he was still refusing.

"You still haven't given me the 'why' I should." He said bluntly.

"Why do you think you should be here?" I asked as I folded my arms across my chest.

"Because all I do is mess things up and hurt people." He said as some tears of his started to drip into the blood under him.

"What did you mess up? Who did you hurt?" I asked, trying to make him understand.

"you, Kat, and Rei, I never should have... I shouldn't have..." he trailed off.

"How? Describe it to me because I don't understand." I said

"I sold my body and I'm tainted. That hurt you. you won't be my first anything. I shouldn't have done that to you, you didn't deserve to have such a disgusting mate. I lied to Kat and Rei and I never should lie to them. I'm the reason they don't have their parents. Their parents raised them well and took good care of them and all I did was rip that away from them. I should have let them go, no matter how much it hurt me." He cried hard as time seemed to stop at the moment. Like he made it stop so we could actually talk.

"Well for one, your right I didn't deserve you... because you are so much better. I understand why you did what you did. You had to provide for yourself and your siblings, in your situation I would have probably done the same. As for Kat and Rei, their parents didn't raise them well. you did. You raised them, clothed them, fed them, and educated them, you deserve that credit. If your parents really loved them they wouldn't have let them go. You just wanted your family and there is nothing wrong with that you understand." I rushed out trying to hold my anger back. I don't want to make things worse.

"How are Kat and Rei?" He asked quietly and his sobs started to calm down.

"They started to cry when they saw Elijah instead of you. They still see you as their big brother and they want to see you again." I smiled as a small smile came across his face at my words.

"Why didn't you just wait for me to come back? Why come get me?" He asked as he sat up and leaned against the wall across from me.

"You being here much longer is hurting us. I'm physically getting hurt and if you don't come back we are going to die. Kat and Rei want you back as soon as possible too." Elijah said as he stood up and brushed the dirt off his pants. "So are you coming with us or are you going to stay here?''Elijah said as he left out a hand for Zach to grab. Zach wanted to come back so we are able to touch him now, so he took Elijah's hand and stood only to Elijah's chest. I can't hold it back anymore.

I went up to little Zach and hugged him, cooing at him. Oh my god, he's so cute like this. His voice is so childish and cute. I love it. I could die from this cuteness.

"Alright alright let's go home," Zach said as we turned and walked out of the house. Zack jumped up on my back in a piggyback ride way. I know his mind matches his body in a 10-year-old way but I don't care. I love this. We walked back to the waterfall and stopped in front of it.

Zack seemed to calm down so much he almost looked like he could take a nap. Suddenly everything turned a blinding white and I woke back in the living room. Elijah's tail, ears, eyes, and teeth were back to normal, it was Zach, Zach was back. I lunged forward and hugged him tightly.

Kat and Rei came running out of their room and saw Zach sitting there. He was tackled into a doggy pile. Kat and Rei started to cry again whimpering about how much they missed him. How sorry they were for not knowing things they couldn't have known.

after everyone had calmed down we all crowded on the floor and turned a movie on and we watched movies until all of us fell asleep on the floor.

A very interesting day indeed.