chapter 8 - questions

Alex POV

I want to help them but I don't know how. This morning I asked my assistant to give me a background check on Zach. However, she came back saying it would take a while. For some reason, there isn't much on him.

I was still so conflicted. I was attracted to him and wanted to be with him. but he sleeps around. I don't want to come home every day wondering if he was with someone else. I don't want to think about all the other people that have touched him. 

It's been two days since I met Zach, Rei, and Katherine. They all seem very interesting but I wonder, do Katherine and Rei know what Zach does to make money. It's bad for a wolf to do that for money. The only person that should ever taint you is your mate, however, Zach was tainted before he met me.

Don't go thinking I'm 100% cool with this gay mate thing. I'm not but I have no reason to argue with what was chosen as my perfect soul mate. I remember something my mother told me when I was younger, that male wolves can get pregnant.

I never really listened to what she said about how it works and why because I never thought I'd have to go through it. I always thought I would end up with a beautiful girl and have a family. Just the basic stuff.

But then I met Zach, a boy. I don't know exactly what to do about this because not only is my mate a boy but he is also extremely tainted.

Hearing a knock on my door I watch as my assistant comes through the door and places a file on my desk and then leaves. She had this upset expression on her face so whatever it was, was bad. All my closest workers are from my pack, it makes my life easier.

I opened the file and started to read through it. They weren't wrong there really isn't much on him. His picture was put up on the top left of the paper.

Name: Zach Makishima

Gender: Male

Age: 18

DOB: March 1, 2001

Race: Werewolf

Height: 5'8

Appearance: Black hair, blue eyes.

Weight: 162.37

Family: Brother Rei age: 10, sister Kathrine age: 15

Life: Unknown

Unknown that doesn't make sense. He's alive so this should just sum up his life up till now. So why isn't there anything? There's nothing on his parents. Nothing in his life so why? I feel like so many things are wrong.

I stared at the file for what seemed like a long time before I noticed something that caught my eye. His last name is Makishima. The pack that fell apart and has wolves running around, the Alpha has the same last name.

So then where are the Alpha and Luna? Reports say they up and left so did they actually not leave. Come to think of it, there's no record of them ever having kids yet. I need to talk to Zach.

...

Here I stood in front of their apartment door on a Friday and I don't even know if any of them are home. I took the chance and knocked on the door. A few seconds later I saw Katherine in the doorway with little Rei growling at me. However, as soon as he saw me he stopped.

"your Zachy's friend right?" Rei asked pulling me into the apartment. I sat on the couch with Rei and Katherine walked over and took a seat as well.

"so what do you need?" she asked as she placed Rei in her lap.

"I just have some questions for Zach."

"Well maybe I can answer them if you're willing to ask me," she said and I just nodded.

"it's about your family." As soon as the word family came out of my mouth I saw Rei's eyes start to well up with tears.

"Rei go to yours and Zach's room and stay there till I say okay?" she said and I watched the little boy with tears in his eyes move to one of the bedrooms and close the door.

"I'm sorry. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to tell you. I would ask Zach but he's working right now." she said and I felt my face beat up with anger.

"Where does he work?" I asked to see if she knew. She simply shrugged her shoulders.

"there's a lot Zach keeps from us. His job, and his whereabouts, why he sometimes comes home in pain and bruising. He just says it's nothing, don't worry, and then leaves. We don't even know when our own brother's birthday is." when she said that I was very confused. They don't know Zach was born on the first of March?

"Rei and I celebrate our birthday together at the end of February because we were both born in the same month. However, every time we ask Zach when his birthday is he gets sad and shrugs his shoulders then leaves.'' Why would he get sad? He knows when his birthday is right?

"can you answer this question? What happened on March 1?" I didn't say anymore because all I know is that it was his birthday but by the look on her face they know that day by something else.

"you should really ask Zach. I can't tell you without his permission," she said getting up and letting Rei out of the room. When he came out he was in his wolf form. He started to growl at me as he advanced forward.

I watched Katherine turn as well so she could talk to him. I guess she doesn't quite know how to half change yet. Rei brushed her off and got into a pouncing stance. I quickly undid my shirt and pants so that they wouldn't get ripped and I shifted to talk with them.

"Stop, I won't hurt you," Kai said but Rei continued forward.

"Zero, stop or I'll tell Zach and Elijah." Zero I'm guessing is when Rei's wolf stopped.

"Okay so this is Zero Rei's wolf and I'm Jessie Katherine's wolf" I stared at Zero who was a dark brown with yellow eyes. Then I moved to Jessie who was black with silver eyes. Makes me wonder where Elijah got his mixed eyes.

"Hello, I'm Kai, Alex's wolf," Kai said introducing himself. We heard the front door open and I just stared at Zach who looked pissed as is and now even more so.

"Everyone change back now." he commended as he set his stuff down on the couch. We all shifted back and I watched as Katherine blushed at the sight of my body. It made me chuckle a bit.

"Kat, Rei, go get changed and we are going for a family run. Rei needs to get better at being in wolf form." Zach said as the two kids walked into their rooms.

"Alex? Why are you here?" he asked with an annoyed tone

Now is the time to ask.

"I wanted to know why you don't have parents? Why don't your siblings don't know your birthday? Why don't they know how you make money? Why did you choose that way to make money? I want to know more about you." I said looking as his face fell.