chapter 4 - mate

Alex's POV

"Sir, I have the background check on Tyler." my assistant said walking into my office. Her light brown hair was put up in a ponytail and it still reached the middle of her back. Her green eyes locked with mine as she handed me the papers.

After she excused herself I began looking through the info. I have a position in my office available for someone but I need them to be reliable so I have been looking at background checks for 3 days now. I haven't found anyone that has the qualifications necessary for the job.

Even this Tyler guy doesn't have what it takes either. I set the paper in the trash and crossed his name off the 12-page long list. It was the middle of the day and I was going for lunch.

I was speeding down the street when my phone started to vibrate next to me. I glanced at the screen before diving for the phone.

"yes, Alpha?" I said as I answered. Yes, I'm a werewolf and I'm part of a pack. Actually, I'm the pack's beta wolf.

"We have a pack meeting today so be there by 20:00 and be ready for drinks after," he said before he hung up the phone. I threw my phone into the other seat and headed for dinner.

It was a nice little place on the quieter side of town. I took a seat at a booth by the front window watching as all the people passed by the window. I'm 22 years old now and I haven't found my mate yet.

I was starting to give up because every wolf can find their Mates at the age of 16 but I never found mine. The only way you wouldn't find your mate is if they were younger that you and not 16 yet. Most people say to presume your mate is dead if you haven't found them 4 years after your 16th birthday. It's rare to have a mate with an age gap of over 4 years.

"what can I get you." a girl with blonde hair asked as she stood by my table. I told her my order and then went back to looking out the window again.

The food arrived shortly after and I began to eat. It's hard to think that anyone that walks past me could be my mate but I don't know if I don't look them in the eyes.

I saw a boy with black hair and blue eyes. He looked to be about 18-20 years old. He wore a black shirt that clung to his body and dark blue skinny jeans with holes up and down the front of the legs.

He was beautiful but with my luck, he wasn't my mate. I finished up my food and headed out of the dinner after I paid. I got in the car and headed back to the office.

...

I did some work before I headed to the pack house. It was in the middle of the nearby forest. I pulled over to the side of the road and got out of the car. I opened the back seat and stripped my clothes. I pull over on this road because it's owned by the Alpha so I don't have to worry about anyone seeing me.

I stepped out of the car naked and got down on my knees. Before I knew it I had shifted into my white wolf. I had green eyes and my wolf's name is Kai. I could have stayed in my human form but it was faster to run in wolf form. That and I didn't want to ruin my suit.

I ran to the pack house and then shifted back into human form. Yes, I was naked but so was everyone. We don't have shame in our bodies and it is just kinda an unspoken rule that you don't shame anyone else's body.

I took a seat next to Alpha and the meeting began. According to Alpha, a pack that was close to us has been completely ruined. The Alpha and Luna disappeared 2 years ago and so the pack stayed to gather as long as possible. It never works out without the Alpha. That and it's not like you can just elect a new Alpha.

Since we have a full pack that just broke that means we have a lot of smaller packs made up of just families. They won't be a problem most of them allied themselves with us but it's the rogue ones. Rogue wolves will attack other packs because they don't have anything of their own.

"Okay, this meeting is over. I'm going for a drink, is anyone else going?" Alpha said as he got up and headed for the door. I followed behind him. We shifted into our wolves and went our separate ways.

I'll meet them and the usual bar.

...

I walked into the bar and met up with Alpha. There were a few other people from the pack with us as well. We were all just drinking and hanging out for a while.

"so Alex? Have you found your mate yet man?" one of the guys said. I just simply shook my head. I hated that most of them had mates and were married already. Alpha had a little boy on the way actually.

I noticed the guy from earlier standing at the bar with a glass of water in front of him. He looked a little upset but that's all I could tell from seeing the side of his face. He picked up his glass and I thought he was leaving so I looked away and put my focus back on my friends. That was until I noticed him walking over.

Without looking at anyone he spoke and I was surprised by his words. "would any of you like to have a little fun?" was he whoring himself out to anyone willing to pay.

Well this should be interesting