chapter 11 - love yourself more

Alex POV

I could feel Zach coming back. Elijah's body was starting to change. His fur was changing into pale skin and his paws were turning into hands and feet. A few minutes later Zach was laying on his side, naked on the couch. His head was tilted to the side exposing his neck and shoulder.

Kei started to get restless at the thought of marking Zach as ours. I let Kei out a bit and my teeth sharpened as well as my eyes changed to a brighter green. I leaned my face closer to his neck and breathed in his scent.

He had a minty scent mixed with the smell of rain in the woods. It was very calming. His skin was soft and smooth. His injuries from the fight had already healed since he was in wolf form.

I slowly placed my lips on his neck and kissed the skin. I was nervous about doing this but I knew if I didn't he would never wake up.  my teeth sink into the skin on his shoulder and I feel his skin brake as my teeth sink deeper.

I could taste a little bit of the blood in my mouth but I let my teeth sink as deep as they could into his shoulder and then pulled them out.

I watched my mark slowly heal leaving a scar where my teeth punctured his shoulder. The mark glowed a light blue and then I felt Zach's hand move to my neck.

I was happy until Zach launched his body at me and pushed me to the floor. His naked body straddled my waist and he leaned down and started to kiss my neck. His lips were soft and it felt amazing on my neck. That was short-lived as I felt his teeth become sharp and glide across the skin on my neck. I sent a shiver of pleasure down my spine.

I almost cried when I felt his teeth sink into my shoulder as I did to him. It hurt a lot at first but then it felt... Good. I suddenly felt an odd connection to him. I could feel everything was feeling right now and I could hear some of his thoughts.

His teeth quickly moved from my shoulder. He stared into my eyes for a moment before his eyes went wide. I could feel all his emotions come through my body. He felt scared and guilty, but also. Happy. His thoughts started to come through my mind like a wave and I was forced to read a book and they just kept spilling into my mind.

What have I done

He's going to hate me now

Did I just mark him?

He doesn't even like me.

He thinks I'm gross.

He's right I'm tainted

I'll never have a mate

I just marked him.

I can't mark anyone ever again now.

I should have just died

That's where I stopped it. He shouldn't be thinking like this, he's perfect and kind. He had a reason for what he did. He's responsible and I want to try to be with him. I want him to love himself more.

Zach's eyes slowly widened at then I just realized that if I can feel what he feels as well and hear what he thinks. then he can hear what I just thought didn't he.

"you heard that didn't you?" he slowly nodded his head. "I mean it. You shouldn't die. I want to try and be with you. Don't worry about marking me. I did it to you first, it was the only reason to get you to wake up."

He still didn't say anything. I stayed still as I waited for him to say something since he was still naked and straddling my waist. Not that I mind the view. His hands were placed on my chest and kept me pinned to the floor.

Zach blushed as he heard my thoughts he looked down and just now realized he wasn't dressed. However, he quickly forgot about it when a thought came to his mind. And I heard it.

Can I kiss you

I reached up and cupped his cheek. In return, he leaned into the touch and took all the warmth he could from my hand. Sliding my hand down to his neck I pulled him forward and pushed our lips together.

He took a minute to respond to what was happening but when he started to move his lips it felt amazing. It was like nothing around us existed.

Our kiss was soft and passionate at first but then Zach turned his head to deepen the kiss more. The first scent that hit my nose was not mint and rain but was Zach's arousal. I could feel him pressing himself against my waist.

This brought out my own arousal and I could tell he could smell it when he gasped a little. I traced my tongue over his bottom lip and gladly allowed me in.

Exploring every part of his mouth felt good and I loved his taste. His tongue started to intertwine with mine as he fought for some form of dominance he didn't get very far when I flipped us over and was settled between his legs.

We continued to kiss before breaking apart, both of us panting. Me above him and his hand in my hair at the nape of my neck.

"Wow, that was hot." We looked at Kat who was standing a few feet away from us and had Rei's back pushed against her stomach as her left hand covered his eyes.

Zach and I  let out a little laugh.