chapter 19 - my fault

~¥~

Zach's POV

Everything is my fault. I know this. Rather, other people believe it or not I know the truth. I know everyone would say 'oh no, Zach it's not your fault. you didn't do anything wrong.'

I don't know how long I've actually been here. Time runs differently here. A year in here could be the same as a few months out there or could be seven years out there. I know I should be here. I should relive this a thousand times to be properly punished for all the pain I caused. I should have just done what they told me to. I did everything wrong I'm why everything is so messed up. Let's make a list shall we?

It's my fault my biological father hates me. He even asked mom to kill me. (age: infant)

It's my fault Mom's Mate (Gabe) hates me. All because i'm not biologically his. (age: inf)

It's my fault mom hates me. She always sides with her mate. (age: inf)

It's my fault mother couldn't get the new house she wanted. She had to buy food to feed me. (age: inf)

It's my fault I have no friends. No one likes me. (age: inf - current)

It's my fault Gabe hurt me. I always made a mess, or did something wrong. (age: 3)

It's my fault they had to pay the hospital bills. Gabe beat me and I couldn't handle it without treatment. (age: 3-16)

It's my fault I'm stupid. I failed school because of how often I missed class trying to hide from everyone. (age: 5-16)

It's my fault Kat got in trouble trying to protect me. (age: 8)

It's my fault Kat got hurt. Everyone hated me so they hurt her for being my sister. (age: 8)

It's my fault I failed my training. I was going to be Alpha but was too hurt to train and failed everything. (age: 8-16)

It's my fault Rei got bullied. He liked to be around me and others didn't like me. (age: 13)

It's my fault someone found out. No one knew I wasn't biologically Gabe's son. no one was to find out but everyone did. (age: 13)

It's my fault they wanted to abandon me. If I was a better son they wouldn't have left. (age: 16)

It's my fault Kat and Rei stayed with me. If I'd let them go they could have had a better life. (age: 16)

It's my fault they left. If I was a better person, with a better personality they would have never left. (age: 16)

It's my fault Kat and Rei didn't get to know their parents. I should have let them go. (age: 16)

It's my fault I'm tainted. I never should have sold my body. (age: 16)

It's my fault my pack broke up. I should have been strong enough to take over. (age: 17)

It's my fault Alex had to mark and mate me. He should have left me to stay asleep forever. (age: 18)

It's my fault Kat and Rei found out. I shouldn't have lashed out and told them anything. (age: 18)

It's my fault I hurt them. I always hurt everyone around me. (age: inf-18)

It's my fault I didn't do what Gabe, mother and everyone else told me to do. I should have killed myself as they said. (age: 6-16)

***

This is why I deserve to be here. I should never leave. all I ever do is hurt the people around me. I never deserved a family let alone a mate. I was never meant to be born at all. I made a mistake. That's all I'll ever be. I don't deserve to be happy or even comfortable.

********

I watched as my 6-year-old self sat on my bed very quietly waiting for Gabe to come to talk to me. I had dropped his beer and I'm currently waiting in my room after I had cleaned everything up.

Gabe walked into the room with his fist balled and ready to hit anything.

"YOU DUMMY. YOU DROPPED MY BEER. YOU NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN BORN, THE LEAST YOU COULD DO FOR US LETTING YOU LIVE, IS SERVE US YOU WASTE OF SPACE!" he yelled as his fist came down on my face. as soon as I fell to the floor he started to call me names every time his foot landed a blow on my body "you... fucking... bitch... can't... do... anything... right... you... never... should've... been...born...no one... will... ever... love... you... you're... just... disgusting... ugly... useless... piece... of shit." He said. He finally left the room as my vision faded in and out. I finally blacked out.

~¥~

Elijah's POV

"Are you okay?" wow not even a little bit but he doesn't need to know that. I don't want to worry him. He's worried enough about Zach and if he will be okay. He's also helping me take care of Kat and Rei because i'm not selling my body. Not only because of my form but also because I never agreed with Zach on doing that but he wouldn't listen to me, I understand why but still.

I nodded my head as my entire body had a dull ache. When the blow first hits it feels like hell but it goes away in all of a few seconds. However, there is one problem that I haven't told Alex about yet. I'm losing my connection to Zach. No one has ever gone through this kind of thing before, not for a long period of time like this. It's been a week since Zach started reliving his past. Because all we are feeling is pain and I can't communicate with him, our connection is really weak. In other words, if Zach doesn't come back in two days, at the latest, this body, along with Zach and I, will die.

"Did you not feel the need to tell me this?" Alex asked as he looked at me with worry. Damn I forgot the mind link. well shit. "what else did you fail to mention?" he asked as we took a seat in the living room. Rei and Kat headed to bed a few hours ago.

"My body is weak so I'm starting to physically feel the blows of Zach's past. Usually, it's just a dull throb that happens because of our connection, but now I'm receiving physical marks from it." Alex moved his hands to my shirt and lifted it, uncovering all the new and old bruises that painted my skin.

"two days huh?" he thought more to himself. "Is there anything we can do?"

"I did find something, but the risk of trying it could be our lives," I said as I recall what I had found a few hours ago while looking around for more info about my condition. Alex just looked at me as if expecting me to say something about what I found. "You can connect your mind to mine. By doing this you and your wolf will be in the same place as Zach. No one but Zach would be able to see you. here's the catch. He has to want to come back. if he refuses you will be kicked out of my mind. If you push too far he can kill himself and by doing so kills me and you, as you will be in our mind." I explained as he looked at me like I was crazy.

"I want to try. I don't want to lose you or him. However, if I'm going to lose you, I'd rather go with you." Alex said as he wrapped his arms around me. "So how do we do this?" I pushed my head against his and opened our link so big it engulfed both of us in my mind. our bodies passed out in the living room in an unconscious state as our minds moved into my own. we appeared at our favorite waterfall.

I was in my half form along with Kai to make things easier and for Alex as I started to head in the direction of the house. Giving them a wave of my hand to signal them to follow me we made our way to find Zach.

"come on let's get this over with," I said.