chapter 9 - fight

Zach's POV

"I wanted to know why you don't have parents? Why don't your siblings know your birthday? Why don't they know how you make money? Why did you choose that way to make money? I want to know more about you."  he asked.

He wanted to know what? How does he know my birthday? Why would he want to know more about me? He rejected me, didn't he?

" why? Why do you want to know when it is you who rejected me?" I asked in an angrier voice than I meant to.

"because no matter what I do I feel an attraction to you. I want to try but I need to know more first." try? Try what? To be my mate or to be friends? I want to be with him too so I'll have to tell him at some point. Alright.

"Fine but not here where my siblings can hear." I grabbed his hand and pulled him out of the apartment and down the stairs of the building. Moving us outside for safe measure.

"What do you want to know first?" I asked, trying to delay and come up with a lie. Even though I know he would be able to sense if I was lying.

"how about your parents?" Why did he have to start there?

"We were part of the Fang pack and my parents left because of me. They completely abandoned me and my siblings so I decided I would raise them myself." just as he was about to ask another question Rei and Kat came out of the building and I thank them for interpreting the conversation.

" come on let's go for a run. Alex, your welcome to join." I said as I walked away with Kat and Rei on either side of me. We rarely went for runs so when we did we tried to enjoy them.

We walked to the nearby woods and we all stripped and changed into our wolves. Alex wolf Kai was white with amazing green eyes. We started to run and there was Kei right beside me and Elijah as he ran. Jessie and Zero were right behind us.

"Hey Jessie, I'll race ya." I heard and then I saw Zero and Jessie fly by us. Kai gave a side glance as he sped up as well. I followed and ran right beside him even though I could go faster. The wind felt good in my fur and I could feel Elijah's happiness as he ran beside Kai. My own happiness as I watch Jessie and Zero race each other mixed with Elijah's.

My happiness soon ended when I heard a small whimper come from Jessie. I looked forward to her on the ground with another wolf hovering over her. Just like that, I let Elijah take control and we were off to her. I left Kai as I sped to her with him following behind. Rei stood in a defensive stance as he growled at the rogue wolf.

Three four other wolves appeared out of the trees and I pounced in the one that attacked Jessie. Barring my fangs in its neck I could taste its blood as it let out a low whimper.

Zero let out a yip. As he was bitten by one of the others. I dropped the wolf and allowed Jessie up and Alex went to Zero. The four of us were not faced with five wolves. I became focused on the wolf running to me as it bit into my neck.

I pushed it away and we just bit and clawed at each other until one wasn't able to stand. I looked over at Zero who was bleeding and losing strength and Jessie who was on the ground half unconscious. Kai appeared in the corner of my vision and I lost it all.

He was okay but you see all the blood tainting his white fur. He looked tired and he was getting hit by two wolves at once. Elijah was in control but I could see everything around me. However, after I saw the state of my loved ones I completely lost everything. I could see but for some reason what was happening wasn't registering in my head. It wasn't going through Elijah's either.

We were completely going off of instinct now.

Alex POV

Kai was handling himself, okay but Zero and Jessie were struggling. I wanted to help them and Elijah but I could seem to get these guys. I took a glance at Elijah who was running and now defending Jessie. I've never seen anyone this strong, not even my Alpha.

Jessie was fine and the wolf attacking her was gone. Not like he left but like Elijah had snapped his neck with his teeth. Then the sound of the brake made a shiver run down my spine.

Elijah latched his jaw onto the wolf that was about to eat Zero. Elijah pounced on the wolf making it fall to the side as Elijah's teeth sank into the wolf's neck. Then the sound of ribs and necks breaking echoed through the forest.

My fight suddenly stopped when my two attackers looked at Elijah. He growled lowly at them as he made a slow approach. He stopped for a moment only to pounce on one of the wolves a second later. Elijah took care of one and the other came at me one last time.

It was useless. Both wolves were down as soon as they tried to attack me and Elijah. Zero was standing by Jessie and I looked at Elijah to see his mouth covered in blood as well as his fur.

But what caught my eyes was not the blood but in fact, it was the patterns on his body. On his head was a cool design that glowed a light green color like my eyes. It stood out against his dark black fur. The left side of his body had a bigger design that glowed light purple. It was placed on his body so it stretched from his spine to his belly and went from his shoulder blades to the beginning of his back legs.

I watched as Elijah swayed a bit and then fell over and blacked out. I ran over and nuzzled his head with my nose. I got a no response. I looked over to see Zero with a naked Katherine on his back. It seems she just passed out nothing serious.

But Elijah wasn't changing into Zach so something must be wrong. I can't carry him like this. When I looked back down at Elijah I saw this small pup. He was about a quarter of my size, if that, and he looked exactly like Elijah. His purple and green markings were still present on the small wolf.

Well, this is a new development. I said as I picked up the mini Elijah by the scruff of his neck with my teeth and carried him back. Zero followed close behind with Kat on his back.