21. Thicker Then Blood

Abilo didn't know it, but that day we killed my stepfather he saved me

Abilo didn't know it, but that day we killed my stepfather he saved me. How? He showed me that there is something thicker than blood- it's loyalty.

See you can love someone and betray them, and let's be honest heartbreak typically comes from the ones we love.

I mean yes, a stranger hurting your feelings can be saddening. But that heart shattering sadness, the one that pulls you into a deep depression that comes from the people closest to us.

That feeling of betrayal yes it can come because you asked your waiter and the person who brought your food out for honey mustard, and 10 mintues your fries are untouched, cold, and you? You're still mustardless.

Yes that can be seen as betrayal but the true betrayal comes from the ones that we call from family.

He helped me to remember that you can trust people, you just have to make your own family- filled with loyalty.

That's what we have now, a family filled with loyalty. Every single member of T.I.P has been saved by either myself, Angy, Phillip, Mauve, or Alisha.

They have an intense sense of loyalty to us, and as we would do for them, they would die for us.

We created a family not through blood, but through loyalty. And even if they are, are birth givers and bio they're not our family they're just blood.

"We're going to save those girls, because that's what we do at T.I.P" I tell Angy, and Alisha, they both give me a nod in response. "But after that we go back to normal, we were simply fine without the American mafia! We don't need them now, and honestly I don't want them."

Not missing a beat, Angy gave me a completely blank look. "They've been doing great without us for all this time, for sugar's sake their mafia has only continued to get better. They don't need us; I don't care what they say."

She's right the American mafia has always been a force to reckon with, but they've only gotten more powerful and rich as time went on. They probably only want us now because we're the only force bigger than us.

Nodding my head in agreement I give her a small smile, but her blank face doesn't falter

A blank face I can't read at all.

When we're at meetings with companies, yes, Angy will give them a blank face, but a blank face that I can read.

It happened quickly but after finding out she was hiding the abuse; we practiced our facial expressions with each other so neither of us would be left in the dark.

But for the first time in years, I have no clue what's going on in her head. And yah ok maybe I should have given her time to respond or feel something.

But-

Well, I don't have anything to add to that but.

We can deal with our feelings about this later. We have to figure out what to do about the situation at hand.