1: Nothing But The Truth

**A year ago**

"...Do you swear to say the truth and nothing but the truth?"

"Why are we watching this again?" I groaned and my older brother, Benjamin shushed me, distractedly placing his hand in my face in an attempt to shut me up. "Bro, move!" I pushed his hand away and eyed him but he paid no attention to me. He was way too invested in the court show on TV.

I got up to my feet, having enough of complicated legal terms to last me a lifetime. I turned my upper body to the left and then to the right, stretching my muscles. I couldn't believe I had been sitting here for the past three hours on a weekend but what could I do when my boyfriend was a thousand miles away in London and I had no friends to hang out with as Tosin had taken a business trip to Port Harcourt. I really needed to make new friends.

"Are you hungry? I'm hungry. Let's grab lunch." I tapped Benjamin's shoulder and he brushed my hand away, waving me off. "You're so annoying!" I threw a pillow at him before storming up the stairs. "Adiola, are you hungry? Let me treat you to lunch!"

"I'm on FaceTime with my girls! Just get me something to go!" She called back from her room and I scoffed. I was basically invisible in this house. I missed Derrek.

Grumbling under my breath, I walked into my room and pulled out a white shirt dress from my closet, then, I picked out a pair of black strapped heels and set them down before hopping into the shower. If no one was going to hang out with me, I was just going to have to enjoy my own company. Who knows? I could have found some inspiration for a new sculpture or even a painting.

*

I gave a sigh of satisfaction as I took a bite out of my pasta. I hadn't had creamy pasta in a while and I missed it a lot.

"I'm definitely coming back here." I nodded to myself before taking another fork full of the creamy delight. I had come across an ad on my Instagram announcing the opening of the restaurant and since it wasn't too far from my estate, I decided to check it out. I was glad I did. Benjamin and Adiola were missing out. Served them right for not coming with me.

Giving a sinister laugh, I proceeded to send them both a photo of my lunch that I had taken earlier, then, I took a photo of myself while eating and sent it to Derrek, letting my eyes linger on my phone screen, hoping he replied immediately.

The past three weeks had been really hard being away from Derrek. We had been away from each other before but it was right before Candice's trial and there was a lot on my mind then, so, I was distracted a lot. Now, though, I missed Derrek a lot more. I thought about him when I was in art class, painting or when I was home, watching TV or even eating or when I was asleep. It was quite tortuous and it didn't help that Derrek wasn't always reachable.

Derrek had been contacting me even less as the weeks went by and I had tried reaching out to him instead but it had taken him hours to reply and when he tried to call me back, I was already fast asleep because it was the middle of the night.

I couldn't wait for him to sort things out with his family and come back to me. I missed him too much.

I gave a heavy sigh as I set down my phone on the table and continued with my food.

"We have got to stop meeting like this." A familiar voice called from behind me and I almost chocked on my food. I grabbed a glass of water and chugged it down to relieve myself.

What the hell was he doing here? How did he keep on finding me? Was he stalking me?

"Careful, Jordan. I'm starting to think you're stalking me." I glared at my ex-fiance as he settled down on the seat across from mine. "I didn't say you could seat."