13: Good Riddance

A/N:

Thanks for 400+ reads
❤️❤️❤️

"Men." Nicole scoffed as I narrated everything that had just happened with Derrek. "Men are scum."

"Why can't he just tell me what's going on with him? Why would he rather let me go than confide in me?" I cleaned away my tears for the millionth time.

"Don't torture yourself with the why's, girl. Nothing good would come of it." Nicole discouraged. "Now, I brought you here to eat to your heart's content. Please don't let this food go to waste." She gestured the feast in front of us. There were so many local and intercontinental dishes in front of us and they looked so good. Sadly, I didn't have an appetite.

"I'm not hungry."

"You will eat by force oo." She pushed a plate of fried rice in front of me. "From experience, starving yourself is only going to make things worse. You need to fill yourself up so much that the food cushions your broken heart."

"What?" I cracked a laugh for the first time in an hour.

"Trust me, girl. It works." She assured and I shook my head. This woman was something else. "When my husband and I were dating, we had a big fight once and we broke up for the first time. He was my everything and I didn't want to loose him. I cried all day and night and I didn't eat anything for days at a stretch. My body shut down soon after and I was rushed to the hospital where I spent a few days with a needle in my arm. Now, I'm going to save you a trip to the hospital even if I have to spoon feed you."

"Wow, I always thought you were a hard girl." I teased and she chuckled.

"You tell anyone what I just told you and I'll make your life a living hell." Nicole joked or threatened? She had looked so serious that I couldn't tell if she was just teasing.

"I won't tell a single soul." I made a zipping motion and she laughed, patting my shoulder. "So, how did you get back together?" I asked after a few moments.

"Ivan realized he was an idiot and he couldn't live without me." She said proudly.

"Must be nice to be valued." I sighed as tears began to fill my eyes once again. "There's not one man that fought to stay with me. They always left in the end." I glanced down to my hands on my things and pressed my lips together to stop another round of sobs.

"Don't say that. I'm sure that's not true."

"It is." I nodded, sniffling. "Remember the guy I told you I might have done something with?"

She nodded.

"Nothing happened between us, thankfully but that guy and I have history. He was the love of my life at one point. We got engaged at nineteen and I was positive I was going to spend the rest of my life with him. I should have known he was too good to be true." I gave a heavy sigh as I recalled my past with Jordan." Out of nowhere, he just up and left and I never heard a word from him for five years until we met at the airport like two months ago."

"Whoa!" Nicole was in shock. "Did you ever find out why he left?"

"That doesn't matter. He left me without an explanation. If he couldn't tell me the reason back then why should I hear him out now?" I scoffed. I got annoyed everytime I remembered how much Jordan had hurt me and now, he just showed up, acting like everything was peachy. "My point is, Jordan left me. A few other guys I dated after that were either bad for me or fell in love with someone else and left me. I thought I finally found someone who truly cared for me but turns out he didn't."

"That's not on you, Tiara. You're an amazing, beautiful young woman. They are the idiots for leaving and I bet you they regret it. I mean, Jordan's trying to get back in your good books now, isn't he?"