7: You've Been Ghosted

A/N:

Thanks for the 200 reads
❤️❤️

My finger hovered over Derrek's phone number on my screen as I contemplated calling him or not. It had been a week and I hadn't heard a word from him. I had called him a few times before and even sent him messages but he never once replied. I couldn't help but think the worst. Derrek had probably thrown me out of his life. He didn't want anything to do with me anymore and it was all my fault.

I glanced out of my car window, looking up at his apartment. I hadn't seen his car when I arrived, so, I assumed he wasn't home once again. I had been here twice in the past week and Derrek wasn't home both times but today, I decided I was going to wait for him, no matter how long I had to sit here.

I had thought of what I would say to him once I saw him but I was scared that Derrek didn't want to hear anything I had to say. What could I tell him anyway when I still didn't know what happened that night with Jordan. The latter's number had been unavailable all week so I definitely couldn't get any answers from him. My mind went blank when I thought back to that night, so, my memory was no help either.

I had really messed up and I didn't know what to do. I had never been in this position before and I had no idea how to handle it. What words could I use to win Derrek back? How else could I say I was sorry for him to forgive me? How could I get things to go back to normal between us?

I was so lost in thought that I hadn't realized when someone walked up to my car until I heard a knock on my window. I jumped at the sound, glancing in its direction with eyes wide as saucers.

The light skinned lady gestured for me to wind down the glass and I did so, although, with caution.

"Can I help you?" I asked as I cautiously watched the young lady sporting short strawberry blonde hair. She looked harmless but I stayed alert anyway. She could have pulled out a weapon to hurt me or something. I couldn't let my guard down.

"I was about to ask you the same thing." The blonde said, narrowing her eyes at me in suspicion. "This is the third time I've noticed your car parked outside my building this week and that's just the times I was home to notice. Should I be calling the police or would you like to explain yourself?"

"I'm sorry. I'm not here to cause any trouble. I'm just looking for someone."

"Who are you looking for exactly?" She pressed on with her interrogation, raising her perfectly shaped eyebrow in question.

"My boyfriend." I answered with a sigh. "I haven't been able to reach him for a week now, so, I came by to see if he was okay."

"A whole week? Girl, sounds a lot like you've been ghosted."

"No, I—"

"What kind of boyfriend doesn't contact his girlfriend for a whole week? If he was busy, he could have at least shot you a text to tell you he was busy but alive. Now, unless he's already passed on to the afterlife, he has no damn excuse for not contacting you." She sounded a little pissed. It felt like she was taking it a bit too personal but she was right. "Or my first guess was right and he ghosted you. If he did, he's an ass and you should burn down his house."

"Yeah, his ex did that and now, she's in prison, serving a long sentence, so, if you don't mind, I'll pass." I gave yet another heavy sigh. I was starting to get a headache.

"Why are you sitting here like a loser though? You should go up and confront him. Come on, come on!" She urged and I gave her a weird look. For someone who I had just met, she sure acted a lot pushy.

"I don't think he's home. His car's not here."

"You can't be so sure. Go and see for yourself." She encouraged. "My ex used to park his car a few blocks away from his house so I couldn't tell he was at home anytime he brought girls over. I would come over and assume he was not home cause his car wasn't there and he wasn't answering the door but that slimy toad was home the entire time, hooking up with my friends!"