6: Lex Luthor Doesn't Scream Like A Girl

"Did you sleep with Jordan, Tiara?" Derrek asked for the second time in what felt like an eternity and I kept my eyes trained on my interlaced fingers. I couldn't bring myself to look at him. The hurt in his voice had already wounded my heart. I couldn't bare to see the look of hurt and most definitely, disappointment in his eyes.

"I-I don't know." I managed to say. I hated myself at that moment. Derrek didn't deserve this and I never thought I would have ever done this to him. Even in my inebriated state, had I really cheated on him with Jordan? Could it have hopefully been a misunderstanding? What had really happened that night?

I felt my throat close up as tears filled up my eyes. The worst part of all this was that, I had realized that I couldn't trust myself. If it were anyone else, I would have been a hundred percent sure that nothing would have happened between us but with Jordan—Was something still there?

"I'm sorry, Derrek." I choked out after a few minutes of silence.

Jordan James had been the love of my life once upon a time. I had been so sure he was my soul mate from the moment we met and I had believed that I was going to marry him one day. We were engaged and even after he left, I still believed he was going to come back to me. I had waited for him for years and once I realized he was never coming back, it had taken me years to forget about him, except that I realized now that I had never completely forgotten about him.

If I was being completely honest, I was scared. I was scared from the moment I ran into Jordan at the airport. I was scared that he was going to worm his way back into my life and although, I had tried so hard to push him away, he never let me go.

"You're sorry?" Derrek scoffed. "I wasn't even gone a whole month and you already ran into his arms."

"Its not like that." I denied, glancing up at him for the first time since we got into the car. "I had too much to drink last night. Jordan happened to be at the wedding party I attended and offered to drive me home. I woke up at the hotel this morning and I can't remember—"

"I don't want to listen to this." Derrek cut me off as he started the car. "I'll take you to your car and you can find your own way home."

"Derrek, please just—"

"I don't want to hear it!" Derrek yelled, catching me off guard. "I can't even look at you right now!" He looked furious and I feared he would have had a complete outburst if I continued speaking. What if he broke up with me in anger?

I decided it was best to stay quiet for now. I was going to talk to him once he had calmed down and this time I was going to have all the facts in hand. I needed to speak to Jordan again. There was no way I had cheated on Derrek. I loved him too much to do that to him. There must have been another explanation for what happened last night.

The ride back to my car had been silent and suffocating. I could feel the anger radiating off of Derrek and I felt even worse everytime he clenched his jaws or unconsciously scoffed.

Once we were parked at the café, Derrek unlocked the car doors and waited for me to climb out, tapping his finger on the steering wheel, impatiently.

I hesitated, wondering if I should have tried to talk to him once again. I didn't feel good leaving things like this.

"Derrek?" I called but he flat out ignored me, keeping his eyes fixed ahead. I wasn't going to be able to get through to him.

Giving a sigh, I proceeded out of the car and shut the door behind me. I watched as Derrek took off without even as much as a glance in my direction.

I couldn't hold back the tears anymore and they began to fall down my cheeks. What was I going to do if I lost Derrek? The thought of loosing him made my heart twist in painful knots. I had to fix this somehow. I had to.