4: The Night Before

A/N:

Thanks for 100+ reads

❤️❤️❤️

The sound of my ringing phone filtered into my dreams causing me to wake abruptly in the middle of the pleasant dream I was having. Opening my eyes, I couldn't remember what kind of dream it was but I did remember how it made me feel. Happy.

Turning over to my left side, I reached for my phone but the distance between my bed and my bedside table seemed a lot more than it usually was. Confused, I opened my eyes fully to investigate and all traces of sleepiness vanished completely as I realized I wasn't in my room.

I sprung up into a sitting position and inspected the unfamiliar looking room with fear rising in my chest. I seemed to be alone in the room but I had no recollection of how I'd gotten here in the first place.

I tried to recall last night's events as I hurried over to the window and glanced out, looking for clues of where I was. I got my answer as I immediately recognized the scenery before me. I was at The Regent Hotel. I could remember it from the events and dinners I had attended at the event center but how did I get here? The last thing I could remember was—

"Oh my God!" I screamed, slapping my palms over my mouth in horror as a memory flashed through my mind.

I had met Jordan at the wedding after party I attended last night and he had offered to take me home while I was drunk. Sadly, I couldn't remember anything after getting into his car.

Why had Jordan brought me to a hotel instead of taking me home? Where was the man in question and why the hell was I dressed in just my slip?

I panicked as several scenarios began to play in my head, all of which involved Jordan, myself and my dress that was discarded on the floor, alongside Jordan's blazer.

"Tiara! What did you do?" I shouted at myself. My head was already pounding from my hangover but the thought of cheating on Derrek hurt much more.

I took in a deep breath to calm myself as I tried to recall more details from the night before. There must have been a reasonable explanation for all of this. Jordan wasn't here, so, that could mean he didn't sleep here with me. Plus, I wasn't his biggest fan, meaning there was no way I would have ever let anything happen between us even if I was in an inebriated state and Jordan would have never made a move on an intoxicated woman, right?

One thing was clear though. Jordan James was the only one who knew what did or didn't happen last night but there was no way I was asking him about it. I was just going to have to trust in my love for Derrek which was strong enough to resist whatever advances Jordan might have made towards me last night—if he had at all.

Taking in a deep breath, I proceeded to put on my dress and wipe away all thoughts of my night and morning here from my memory.

Next, I searched for my shoes and in the process, I found a note discarded on the floor right below the bedside table. I picked it up and read the words scribbled on it.

Bonjour, ma cherie.
I hope you slept well.
I had a good time last night and I hope you did as well.
Don't worry about the hotel bill. I already settled it.

Xx

- J. J.

I felt my heart get caught in my throat as I read Jordan's little note all over again. Something had happened last night. Something had definitely happened. What else could he have meant by 'he had a good time'? What had I done? Had I really cheated on Derrek?