5: Lunch Date

I took in a deep breath and tapped my finger on the steering wheel as I watched the passersby, hoping for the man I dreaded the most to materialize, so, I could get it all over with.

Shortly after Derrek had left my house, Henry had called me back and I asked him for Jordan's contact information which he gave but not without asking a million questions first. I had pondered on calling Jordan for almost an hour, scared that I wouldn't have liked the answers he had to give me about last night. I would have rather not known at all but I couldn't be around Derrek without feeling guilty and if there was a chance that all of this turned out to be a misunderstanding, I needed to know. I put a call through to Jordan, telling him that we needed to talk and he agreed to meet me at the hotel since I was already going back for my car.

After retrieving my car, I waited for Jordan to show up but he sure was taking his sweet time, although, he had promised that he was going to be right over. Thirty minutes went by and then, an hour. I had not wanted to call him any more than I needed to but once I had passed the one hour mark, I didn't have much of a choice.

I took in yet another deep breath and picked up my phone to dial Jordan's number but before I could, the tardy man started to call.

"Jordan, where are you?" I asked impatiently, skipping all pleasantries. I looked at the surrounding area, checking to see if he had already arrived but I couldn't see him anywhere.

"Something came up and I wouldn't be able to come to you. Could you come meet me instead?" Jordan asked and I gave a frustrated sigh.

"Where are you?" I asked, pinching the bridge of my nose in annoyance.

"There's a Cafe across from the art academy you attend. Meet me there."

"The art academy?" I called, confused. Was he at the academy? What was he doing there that was so important that he couldn't leave to meet me?

I had run into Jordan at the academy before but I had thought it to be a coincidence. However, thinking about it, I had recalled seeing the assistant director of the academy at Henry's sister's wedding. He had been talking with Henry and Jordan amongst others. To think of it, it had seemed like the men were having some kind of business meeting when I walked over. I could remember the words 'development' and 'report' being uttered at some point. Did Jordan have some kind of business dealing with the academy? Was that why he was there or was I just over thinking things and he just happened to be around the academy?

"I'll be there in a few." I said and hung up. Was I making the right decision contacting Jordan? Should I just have come clean with Derrek and hope he understood? That wouldn't have been necessary if nothing happened between Jordan and I.

I started up my engine and proceeded towards my new destination, all the while praying that I hadn't done something stupid with Jordan the night before. I really was going to quit drinking if God answered my prayers. Alcohol had done more damage than good to me in time past but this was by far the worst one—Well, maybe this came in second.

I winced as the thought of my night in prison flashed through my mind. That was a night I had desperately hoped to forget but it was imprinted in my mind, sadly. To think that I could have been serving jail time for attempted murder.

"Never again." I shuddered, shaking the thought away from my head. This time, I was really giving up alcohol. I never wanted to be put in a situation like that ever again.

In about thirty minutes, I arrived at the café across from the art academy, café moon was the name and I had been a regular customer as they served amazing iced tea. It was much needed after a day of painting and sculpting. It always calmed my nerves.