21: Tiara In Paris

A/N:

Thanks for 800 reads and 200 votes
❤️❤️❤️

"Rise and shine, sleeping beauty." I saw Derrek hovering over me with the widest smile on his face. As far as I was concerned, this was by far the best morning view I had ever seen.

"Morning." I smiled at Derrek and he leaned in, pressing a lingering kiss on my forehead. I felt warmth spread through my body as his soft lips touched my skin.

I was so happy to have him here with me. I had just woken up from a nightmare where Derrek and I had broken up. My heart had ached so much as I longed for him but all the pain completely vanished the moment I opened my eyes to see Derrek's handsome face right before me.

With tear filled eyes, I sat up and threw my arms around Derrek's shoulders, holding onto him for dear life. I was scared that this was all a dream and he wasn't really here. I was scared that if I didn't hold on to him, he was going to vanish right in front of my eyes.

"Aww baby, did you miss me that much?" Derrek chuckled as he wrapped his arms around my waist. I felt cartwheels in my stomach at the sound of his laughter. It felt like I hadn't heard his laugh in ages. I loved his laugh.

"I did. I missed you so much it hurt. Don't leave me again."

"I was right here the whole night. I didn't go anywhere. I promise." Derrek brushed his hand over my back in a repetitive motion.

"Just promise me that you wouldn't leave me, no matter what." I held on to him even tighter.

"I promise. I will never leave you." He assured me and I took a calming breath, loosening my grip a little. "I prepared breakfast. We should hurry down or it's going to get cold." He loosened his grip from around me but I didn't let go of him. How could I? It would have all been over if I did.

Somehow I knew this was a dream and the moment I woke up, Derrek wouldn't have been next to me anymore. I just wanted to hold onto him for a little longer even though I knew he wasn't real. I just missed him so much.

Chuckling once more, Derrek placed his hands on my waist and lifted me off the bed as he got up to his feet. I strapped my legs around his waist.

He glanced into my eyes and once again, I was mesmerized by how beautiful his eyes were. They were the perfect size, the perfect shape, the perfect colour. He was just perfect.

"I love you, Tiara." He professed, never taking his eyes off mine. "I love you more than you'll never know, so, don't you ever think that I'll leave you. You're stuck with me for life."

With those beautiful words engraved in my heart, I finally let go of him.

I felt the warmth of the sun on my face, nudging me to wake up but I ignored it, turning to my side where the sunlight couldn't reach. I was having a dream about Derrek and—

"Dammit!" I hissed as I felt my heart clench. I had tried to ignore the hurt I felt from my break up with Derrek but then he appeared so lovingly in my dream and I had almost thought it was real. There was no escape from him.

The scent of the freshly baked bread floated into my nostrils, distracting me from my thoughts and my mouth watered in my half asleep state. I wondered where the delicious scent could have been coming from. Could Adiola have been baking again? None of her bread smelt this good.

My stomach growled in hunger and I opened my eyes to investigate. I froze as I was greeted by an unfamiliar room and it took me quite a few seconds to realize where I was.