Chapter 35

This week is Valentine's Week. And I'm so sick with all of these kind of love already. It all suck. I wish I could escape and move forward after Valentine's Day.

I mean, I'm single and last year Valentine I was also single. Is the universe trying to tell me something? How weird.

Now here I am. Sat down on the back row of the choir room and watched these couples are being all lovey all over each other. I rolled my eyes and leaned my head back.

"Okay everybody. Let's hear it for love!" Dad walked into the choir room. "Your assignment for Valentine's Week is to find and perform the world's greatest love songs. Now Regionals is next week, and we still need to raise $250 for costumes and hairspray." Dad said to us.

"Oh, God, not another bake sale." Kurt simply said.

"If any student gives ten dollars, we will sing these world's greatest love songs to their Valentines. We will serenade each classroom.."

"No!" The others shouted.

"Two years ago, we went room-to-room Christmas caroling, they threw food." Tina said to him.

"And shoes." Mike added.

"Yes, Sugar?" Dad turned his face at Sugar as she raised her hand.

"Here's a spoonful of Sugar for you all. Don't sweat the small stuff and it's all small stuff when you're rich. So here you go." Sugar grinned and handed dad some cash.

"Uh, Sugar I can't take that." Dad shook his head.

"Take it!" Kurt simply said.

"Okay, everyone give it up for Sugar for paying for our FinalNet and cumberbunds." Dad smiled at us as the others start applauding.

"I love the sound of applause even if I have to buy it." Sugar grinned. "Okay, everyone, look under your chairs except you, Artie. Your chair kept moving so I hid your surprise in the wastebasket." Sugar said to us. I looked under my seat and there is a box of chocolate candy under my chair. "V-Day is my fave day ever and to help me celebrate, my daddy's throwing me a huge ridic party at Breadstix and I'm naming it Sugar Shack and...drumroll please... You're all invited!" Sugar grinned at us as everyone start cheering. "But you have to bring a date. No single people allowed. They're sad and boring and they don't exist in my world."

"Umm, but you're single." Mercedes said to her.

"Not for long." Sugar smirked.

The bell rings. I walked out from the choir room and held my book then turned my way to my locker. I opened my locker and put my book inside my locker.

"Hi.." Frank walked approached me.

"Hi, what's up?" I turned my face at him and smiled at him.

"I want to give you this." Frank smiled at me and handed me a card.

"What's this?" I smiled at him and opened the card. "It's Valentine's Day card. Thank you." I smiled at him.

"I was wondering, do you want to go to Breadstix with me? I heard there's a party on Valentine's Day." Frank smiled at me.

"Yeah of course." I nodded.

"Well, I'll see you around." Frank kissed my cheek then walked away.

"So, are you two an item now?" Finn approached me.

"Kind of." I simply nodded and turned my face at my locker.

"I have this." Finn showed me an envelope.

"What's this?" I frowned and took the envelope and read the letter. "This is a letter from Ohio State University." I turned my face at him and shut my locker.