Chapter 42

Senior year just begin. I'm ready to face everything in front of me. I'm ready to start the battle and get into Juilliard or somewhere I belong to. I promise that this year is going to be my year.

I also have to accept the fact that Finn is no longer here. He didn't call or text me, but he sent me a letter and said that he is fine. I guess that he really means what he said about making me and his mom proud. I miss him, but now I can distract this feeling with focusing on myself.

"Glee!" Dad walked into the choir room as we are cheering. "We are coming off of a National Championship, but it's time to look forward, And thanks to Glee now being the coolest club in the school, this shouldn't be a problem. Yes, we've lost some big voices. But we still have some huge ones in here. And I promise to do everything I can to replace the ones that we lost. And on that note, I'd like to introduce you to our newest member: The MVP of last year's nationals, Wade "Unique" Adams." Dad said to us as Wade walked in.

"That's a great haircut, Mercedes. I thought you graduated." Brittany simply said.

"I wanted to be somewhere where different was celebrated." Wade said to us.

"We are so excited to have you." Dad smiled at him as the others clapping annoyingly. "Guys where's the love?"

"I think Wade is great, but the competition to be the new Rachel is already so intense, - the last thing that we need is one more contender." Tina simply answered.

""The New Rachel"?" Dad frowned.

"Every glee club needs a star performer. Rachel was that, and now that she's gone, many of us want the job." Tina simply said.

"Okay, we don't win with stars. We win as a team. One that supports new members. Now, I don't want to hear any more of this this "New Rachel" stuff, okay?" Dad said to us. "Have a seat, Wade." Dad said to him.

"Make no mistake: Unique will be the new Rachel." Wade said to Tina and Blaine and glared at them.

"We decide this on our own, then Thunderdome style." Blaine said to him.

I rolled my eyes and let out a sigh then stood up from my seat as the bell rings. I don't need this New Rachel thing. I'm more talented than Rachel. I can nail every solo that thrown at me. Just wait until I get into Juilliard.

I walked to my locker and opened my locker. Juilliard is in the first list of college that I'm going to. I have this whole plan inside my head and I'm going to try out again and again and again especially I'm part of YADA.

"Juilliard School? Isn't that the one in New York?" Sam asked me as he stood next to my locker and opened his locker.

"Yup." I nodded. "So, how are things with you and Mercedes?" I asked him.

"We broke up." Sam simply answered.

"I guess that everyone who dated the graduates are breaking up. I mean, Tina and Mike, Quinn and Romeo, you and Mercedes then me and Finn." I shrugged and shut my locker.

"Yeah, it's hard to have that relationship when the other person went away." Sam sighed. "We haven't talk like this in a long time."

"I was scared if Mercedes gonna have this rage on me." I chuckled.

"And I was scared if Finn gonna punch me in the face if I ask you to write me notes again." Sam chuckled.

"Oh yeah. I forgot about that one." I laughed.

"By the way, it's not everyone. Blaine and Kurt are still together so do Santana and Brittany." Sam chuckled.

"Yeah, right." I chuckled.