17

In a small empty cave, theres a fireside at the middle, giving warm to the cold night.

Calliope, stood at entrance, raising her head slightly so that the breeze gently brushed her cheeks. She heard movements behind her, indicating that aranya is now awake. 

"Tell me, why did you try to harm me?"

Aranya's voice was cold yet weak. Calliope felt pain coming from her neck as aranya's sharp edge part of her hairpin was pointing towards her neck.
Despite that, calliope remained calm, and fearlessly spoke.

"Your awake?"

Inis na natawa nalang si aranya sa narinig. Her life is on the line yet she acted as if she didn't care?!
Sa inis ay mas idiniin pa ni aranya sa leeg nito ang hawak na patalim dahilan para tumulo ang dugo nito.

"I dont plan on playing an act with you nor do i have the patience to! How dare you use my cousin's name to bait me!"

Galit na sabi ni aranya saka gamit ang kapangyarihan ay gumawa ito ng espadang yelo at nang aktong sasaksakin na sana nito si calliope ay agad namang naitulak siya nito.
Calliope moved like she was just dancing and the blood on her neck appeared like an accessory adding to her beauty and elegance.

"With your current situation, not to mention with you having the chance to attack me, but even the thought of killing me would be impossible without my permit."

Calliope domineeringly said as she faced her. Maya maya lang ay ngumisi si calliope saka muling humarap sa dereksyon sa labas.

"You know i once told an old friend to let both of you go.." Calliope paused for a second leaving aranya hanging.
"But these past few days i realized something, that only the two of you can end thier fight. That only the two of you can save this realm. Maybe from the very start, you were destined to take that big responsibility."

Sabi ni calliope. Sarkastikong napangiti si aranya.

"What a hypocrite!"

Nanghihinang galit na sabi nito. Napayokom nalang ng kamay si calliope. Inside her, she admitted that she really is a hypocrite. And she hates it too. But some things are need to be done. Even if it means taking the role of the bad guy.

-

"She fainted? What a weakling! Go get someone to heal her again. Im not done with her yet!"

From freezing to burning to hitting her with lightning then drowning and poisoning, all the worse torture one could ever think of, melantha has done it all to cassandra. She didn't die not because she's strong enough to withstand it but because everytime she was at the door of death, melantha would do everything to save her and torture her again and again.

Just how deep could her hatred be, for her to do these things and to personally watch it.

"Overlord, someone trespassed and she's now in the great hall."

Isang kawal ang pumasok ng madilim na kulungan upang magdala ng balita ss kinikilala nitong panginoon.

"Hasn't the order reach you yet?! I've trusted the affairs to my trusted right hand man Gael to be handled! Dont you see im occupied?!!"

Galit nitong sabi sa kawal.

"B-but Lord Gael is not here. No one's left to command us. And were currently under attack by a strange woman."

Sagot ng kawal. Nauutal pa ito dahil sa kaba.

"Gael is not here?" Nagtatakang tanong ni melantha. "Where could he be?" Halata sa mukha nito ang pagdududa. Gael would always report to her of everything, making her feel suspicious as to what he's up to now.

"H-hindi po ba at inutos niyo sakanya na sugurin at sakupin ang limang teretoryo?"

Hindi makapaniwalang napahalakhak nalang si melantha. She never ordered those things! Galit itong lumabas ng kulungan at naglakad papuntang punong bulwagan.

"Ohh! Isn't this calliope? What a rare appearance!"

Nakangiting sabi nito ng makita niya si calliope na nakaupo sa trono niya habang pinapalibutan ito ng mga walang kwenta niyang kawal.
Dahan dahan namang tumayo si calliope at unti unting bumaba dahilan para mapaatras ang mga kawal ni melantha.

"I have a surprise for you!"

Nakangising sabi ni Calliope. Nilagpasan ito ni melantha at umupo sa trono niya.

"All of you, leave us alone."

Maowtoridad na utos nito sa mga kawal na agad naman nilang sinunod.

"Ano? Balak mo bang makipagsundong muli sakin? Dati kong kakampi?"

Nakangiting tanong nito dahilan para mapatawa si calliope. Both were smiling at each other but behind that mask was a blade wanting to stab one another.

"Where is she?!"

Isang lalaki ang biglang pumasok ng bulwagan. Hindi ito nagawa pang pigilan ng mga kawal lalo na at isang  tingin niya lang sa mga ito ay agad nang nasusunog ang mga katawan nito at nagiging abo.

"You did receive my message."

Sabi ni calliope. Masama lang niya itong tiningnan sabay lipat ng tingin kay melantha na halatang nagtataka sa nangyayari.

"What do you want me to do for you to release her?"

Malamig na tanong ni yule. Calliope smirk then looked at melantha.

"Kill her. Then i will surely release aranya."

Sabi ni calliope dahilan para mapahalakhak si melantha.

"Nagpapatawa ka ba? Sa mundong to walang makakapatay sakin."

natatawang sabi nito.

"Perhaps you have forgot the crimson hellfire power."

Nakangising sabi ni calliope dahilan para mawala ang ngiti sa mga labi ni melantha.

"She's already dead. My men has long killed her!"

Nakangising sabi ni melantha dahilan para mapangiti si calliope.

"There's only one person who's born with that power. Do you really think after that person dies, someone will be blessed to own his powers or even born with that power? And a lowly diwata?!"

Napahalakhak nalang si calliope.

"So there is indeed a chance."

Nakangiti at pabulong na sabi ni melantha.

"But do you know the cause of killing me? Its beyond your imagination!"

Sabi ni melantha. Calliope has long known the sacrifice they have to make to kill melantha. Its also one of the reason why she was hesitant in the first place.

"I poisoned her. 7 hours from now, if she doesn't receive the antidote. She will die with an extreme pain."

Sabi ni calliope dahilan para mapahalakhak nalang si melantha. Tiningnan siya ng masama ni yule saka mahigpit itong sinakal.

"You're indeed a vicious woman calliope."

Nakangiting sabi ni melantha saka tumayo.

"If you're really the crimson hellfire holder, then i guess you know what will happen to you if you kill me right?"

Sabi ni melantha.

"Now the choice is yours to make. Your life or her life?"