Juxtapose

You tried on the fifth outfit of the morning. You couldn't decide what the hell you should wear today. It was stupid really - you were going to hang out with some new friends you'd made. You were going to Coney Island! So why had you now tried on five different dresses instead of just putting on a pair of shorts and a t-shirt? You were going to be riding roller coasters after all. Shorts and a t-shirt would be practical. For some reason, you wanted to impress them.

'For some reason.' You knew the reason. You liked them. Not just in the 'Oh yay I now have two new gay best friends' way. You wanted more than that. After spending two afternoons with them you were a whole mess of conflicted emotions. It felt like they were flirting with you. Which made no sense because they were together.

You could do this though. You actually really enjoy their company. After they'd helped you crack your chocolate geodes open they'd stayed and talked. Drinking cup after cup of coffee. They watched you sort and weigh the new chocolate and set a price before putting them on the floor. You and Steve had sketched up a plan for a new chocolate display to go up after Easter. You'd let them buy you pizza at the place down on the corner, and listened while they told you how they met.

So maybe, just maybe, if you could spend enough time with them, you could move them from the cute guys you had a crush on, to my good friends Bucky and Steve.

You assessed yourself in the mirror. Hair looked pretty good. Makeup was on point. You'd chosen a vintage looking halter dress in light blue. It had the little mermaid on the flared skirt. You opted for a pair of flat Mary Jane's in a similar light blue for comfort and you were just pulling them on when your buzzer went off.

You hopped to the intercom. "Hey, fellas. I'm almost ready. You wanna come up?"

Bucky's voice crackled through the intercom. "Sure thing."

You pressed the buzzer and opened your door a crack before resuming buckling up your shoes. You were just straightening your socks when the two exceedingly large and handsome men stepped through the door.

Steve was wearing a light blue, button-up shirt and tan pants. The sleeves of his shirt were rolled up revealing his toned and muscular forearms. He had prominent veins that ran up his arm from his wrists. This somehow made them the sexiest forearms you'd ever seen in your life. The top couple of buttons of his shirt were open and you could just see the edge of his collarbone.

Bucky was wearing a pair of black jeans, a grey t-shirt, and a black leather jacket. He'd shaved, and while you think you'd preferred the scruff he'd sported the first few times you'd seen him, shaved you could see the sharp line of his jaw and his cheekbones that could cut glass. He also had his hair tied back, though stray pieces had escaped and returned to their rightful place, hanging over his blue/grey eyes.

You walked over and greeted them both with a hug and a kiss. Bucky squeezed you tightly and kissed your cheek. "You look really pretty, darlin'."

"Thank you, Bucky. You don't look half bad yourself," you replied. "What's going on here?" You asked, rubbing your hand over his jaw.

He shrugged putting his hands in his pockets and you weren't sure, but for a second you think he might have been blushing. "Just thought I'd change it up," he said, running his hand over his cheek. "I used to shave a lot more. Didn't I, Steve?"

Steve nodded. "He did. He had much shorter hair too. You should have seen him in his uniform."

You turned to Steve. "Hi, Steve. You're also looking very handsome too."

Steve smiled and put his hand on your shoulder leaning down to kiss you. Unlike Bucky, his lips met yours and they lingered. Caressing yours softly before pulling away. For a second you forgot how to talk. Luckily you didn't have to because Steve spoke.